• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse Fan Checking In (Tyler Cavanaugh Note)

Coron can and will score. The concern with him is that his lack of size makes him a defensive liability at the 2 in ACC play. Will his defensive challenges offset his offensive contributions?

Did our staff not know this was going to be an issue when they scouted (with a sample size of three seasons) and recruited him?

Well the available players were not numerous and we absolutely needed someone who can score points. Based on screwing up in recruiting the past few years, Coron seems like about the best they could do at the time.

Coron can and will score. The concern with him is that his lack of size makes him a defensive liability at the 2 in ACC play. Will his defensive challenges offset his offensive contributions?
Also, do not expect too much from DGreen this year.

While I don't think many were expecting the second coming of Tim Duncan I was hopeful the Deacs might get some production out of this kid.

Baby, what was your take on him last summer? I remember some projecting that he'd help out a bit as a rotation player.

I wonder how this board is going to feel about Coron. Looks to have a great stroke and a nice handle. Only here for a year. Writing is on the wall for him to win just enough games to save [Redacted]'s job...

...and generate hype for Shelton Mitchell.

I wonder how this board is going to feel about Coron. Looks to have a great stroke and a nice handle. Only here for a year. Writing is on the wall for him to win just enough games to save [Redacted]'s job...
Yep, nothing says building a foundation like 7 player recruiting classes and one-year postgraduates!

Reactions: BDL
Wrangor, who do you see scoring on this year's squad? Without CJ, I just don't see who is capable of consistently scoring at either the 1 or 2 position. McKie still boings them off the rim but has some decent games now and again.
Without someone who can reliably hit the three, we could lose some games by a ton of points.

I don't see anyone. My guess is that CMM takes the lead role and ends up shooting about 35% on the year. He is going to force up some terrible shots. McKie simply can't create his own shot the large majority is the time so he won't be the shot clock bailout guy. Madison and CMM will have the ball in their hands a lot with the shot clock under 10.

We are going to be pretty brutal offensive. We had better score in the first 20 seconds because our late clock scenarios are just ugly.

Yep, nothing says building a foundation like 7 player recruiting classes and one-year postgraduates!

Exactly. The most egregious of all falsehoods. [Redacted] is just like everyone other bad coach. Doing everything he can to save his job. Building a solid base .... Scratch that we need some players now, bring in 7. Want to build around 4 year players .... Scratch that we don't have a shooter so we need a post grad.

Hypocrisy after hypocrisy. All that said I think Coron was a smart sign. I don't think he is going to save us but it makes sense as we have a short class.

We will lose 2 players from the 7 man class this year. Bank on it.

It's an 8 man class now
Good call, forgot to include the savior, Daniel Green. Can you imagine what this team is gonna look like in 3 years when this class graduates? I never like to see anyone transfer from Wake, but it's honestly in the best interest of the program long-term if 2 or 3 leave after next season.

Last edited:
Baby, what was your take on him last summer? I remember some projecting that he'd help out a bit as a rotation player.

DGreen has a lot of hustle and enthusiasm. He will give you everything he's got. He would help out tremendously as a rotation player given that we have been unable to recruit enough legit bigs to compete in the ACC on a night-in-and-night-out basis. He comes from a good family and is a kid for whom you wish the best. My take on him last year was the he would have to be healthy to help out ... and that hasnt changed.

Good call, forgot to include the savior, Daniel Green. Can you imagine what this team is gonna look like in 3 years when this class graduates? I never like to see anyone transfer from Wake, but it's honestly in the best interest of the program long-term if 2 or 3 leave after next season.

keep coming back to the quote that Captain Charisma himself gave me after I brought up what happens when the 8 man class graduates.

"Things have a way of working themselves out"

I watched him play a game on CJ's team in the Rusty league and he was an absolute non factor.

Back