• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CWS Game 3

DeaconWalker

Reaction score
I live in Omaha so how could I pass up going to the State and UNC baseball game this Sunday. The question is, who to root for?

Just enjoy it, knowing that one of them will be a loss closer to elimination at the end of the game.

While Carolina has struggled a little over the past week or two, they are still the #1 overall seed for a reason.

And I agree in hoping that an ACC team doesn't win it.

State plays a good style of baseball to win in Omaha. Has speed, manufactures runs when necessary, and obviously (the biggest thing) Carlos Rodon, the likely #1 draft pick next year.

I like State and Rodon to get past Emmanuel and UNC. I think LSU wins the title, but I think it's LSU and State in the "semis."

State and UNC both have teams that could win the title though.

I would not pull the cheatin' holes if they were playing the Taliban.

I like Mike Fox; but UNC has not been terribly impressive thus far in the play-offs. On the other hand, they are in Omaha and if their pitching comes close to its potential, they could well win the whole thing.

Heels would start the Thornton kid from Charlotte on Sunday but they won't. He's their best arm right now. That said...hard to see Rodon losing twice in two weeks to the same team.

Heels would start the Thornton kid from Charlotte on Sunday but they won't. He's their best arm right now. That said...hard to see Rodon losing twice in two weeks to the same team.

Technically his team lost but Rodon gave up 1 run and pitched 10 innings the last time they played. He can't do any better than that.

The UNC staff's handling of Kent Emmanuel is just sad. Basically showing the worst of college baseball.

The UNC staff's handling of Kent Emmanuel is just sad. Basically showing the worst of college baseball.

Actually just the worst coaching in college baseball. He amasses all the talent in the world and still can't get the title. But, Emmanuel is just plain tired right now. He reminds me now of 1968 when I was a kid and Denny McClain won 30 games for the Tigers then was a rag arm by the WS. Lolich became the star.

Rodon is the best in the country and on his way to the #1 pick in next year's draft.

Last edited:
UCLA is a really good team. Going 21-9 in the Pac-10 is strong.

Back