• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CWS Game 3

Is it me or should the question never have to be asked of who to pull for when one of the choices is UNC??????? ABC!!!!!!!

NC State can't bunt and have no clue on the basepaths.

Looks like our record might be safe yet another year. The winner of State/UNC has to beat UCLA twice to advance to the finals.

I hate this new stadium. It's like watching college softball (yes, I have watched college softball before.). If you score a couple of runs, you're golden. Ballparks can be a factor, but should not be a big factor in games. This stadium is overshadowing the games. No way a team gets a man on first and someone belts a homer in the ninth to tie.

I hate this new stadium. It's like watching college softball (yes, I have watched college softball before.). If you score a couple of runs, you're golden. Ballparks can be a factor, but should not be a big factor in games. This stadium is overshadowing the games. No way a team gets a man on first and someone belts a homer in the ninth to tie.

agree

A lot of it is the bats. They have deadened them too much. 3 different ACC teams had a total of 13 HR's for the entire season.

I didn't know anything about this, but I was thinking how I haven't seen a single home run in this entire CWS.

what's the issue? it allows too much wind? i thought i heard them talking about that earlier.

It's too big.

And the prevailing wind usually is blowing in from the outfield most of the time. I think UCLA's batting average was like 260th out of 296 teams this year in Division 1 (and they are batting less than .200 in the CWS), but they are 2 wins away from a national title. Their formula works in this ballpark.

Back