• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CWS in OMAHA - When is Wake playing? 2pm Saturday

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
Can anyone provide authoritative information as to what the game schedules/days/times are for this weekend?

Has this been announced yet?

Is it Friday or Saturday?

All of the teams in Bracket 1, including WF, played Saturday to Monday series. It would be beyond idiotic to make teams that play Monday, which includes the Stanford/Texas winner and the S.MIss/Tenn winner to play Friday, when all of the teams in Bracket 2 have been off since Saturday (TCU, Florida) or Sunday (UVA, Oral Roberts). So, it's a pretty safe bet that WF is playing Saturday/Monday to start the CWS.

Wake would not be selling tickets for a tailgate on Saturday that starts 3 hours prior to first pitch if they didn’t have confirmation that we will play on Saturday.

Wake would not be selling tickets for a tailgate on Saturday that starts 3 hours prior to first pitch if they didn’t have confirmation that we will play on Saturday.
Everybody involved with the program believes they are playing Saturday. I understand the NCAA CWS site is extremely confusing and even contradictory. The full schedule should come out tonight or early tomorrow.

All of the teams in Bracket 1, including WF, played Saturday to Monday series. It would be beyond idiotic to make teams that play Monday, which includes the Stanford/Texas winner and the S.MIss/Tenn winner to play Friday, when all of the teams in Bracket 2 have been off since Saturday (TCU, Florida) or Sunday (UVA, Oral Roberts). So, it's a pretty safe bet that WF is playing Saturday/Monday to start the CWS.
You would think, and the official announcement is apparently tonight at 7 PM per Wake, and everyone was thinking Saturday, but Friday is in play. Not sure why the NCAA posts conflicting information, if it is unknown then just say so.

they might though
Man, I hope not. That (and the logic from Pilch and UF indicating on their website that their next game is Friday) was what made me go ahead and book hotels and flights for Fri-Sun. All can be changed, but they’ll be a shit ton more expensive than what was already super expensive.

Edit to add, I'm a dumbass and didn't click through on the Gator website - they are showing baseball on the calendar everyday of the CWS, so that wasn't any kind of actual indication.

Last edited:
Do they seed the teams that make it Omaha? Seems like wake should play oral Roberts in first game if that is case . But I’m guessing more goes into the brackets than just the original seeding

Do they seed the teams that make it Omaha? Seems like wake should play oral Roberts in first game if that is case . But I’m guessing more goes into the brackets than just the original seeding
Nope. What you see is what you get.

The CWS is essentially two 4 team double elimination tournaments with the winner of each tourney (Bracket 2 versus Bracket 1) playing a three game series for the title.

Bracket 2 is set:

UVA
Florida

Oral Roberts
TCU

Bracket 1 is

WF versus the winner of Texas/Stanford
LSU versus the winner of S. Miss/TN

The CWS is essentially two 4 team double elimination tournaments with the winner of each tourney (Bracket 2 versus Bracket 1) playing a three game series for the title.

Bracket 2 is set:

UVA
Florida

Oral Roberts
TCU

Bracket 1 is

WF versus the winner of Texas/Stanford
LSU versus the winner of S. Miss/TN
I honestly didn't realize this until this year, but the first segment of the CWS is like the Regional and then the finals are just like a Super Regional.

I honestly didn't realize this until this year, but the first segment of the CWS is like the Regional and then the finals are just like a Super Regional.
Yeah. I never really paid attention so I thought it was an 8-team double elimination. Or maybe it used to be and I didn't realize it changed.

Right. It's 4 double elimination tournaments, 4 teams, 2 teams, 4 teams, 2 teams.

So getting back to the subject of this thread, when is Wake scheduled to play the winner of Texas/Stanford? Is it Friday or Saturday? Does anyone know, and if not, when do we expect to have official confirmation?

Les? Connor?

So getting back to the subject of this thread, when is Wake scheduled to play the winner of Texas/Stanford? Is it Friday or Saturday? Does anyone know, and if not, when do we expect to have official confirmation?

Les? Connor?
It would be reckless and irresponsible to make our side play Friday when it’s not a guarantee that Southern Miss will be done beating Tennessee tonight.

Back