• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daily Show interview reveals truth and causes NC Republican to resign

I was watching that thinking this guy has to know that this will be televised, and then I realized he actually thinks what he is saying is OK.

That's why we have to stick to short, easily remembered phrases when speaking in public. We don't want people to know what we really think.

If you don't think the same people who are trying to suppress the vote won't make getting "free" ids incredibly difficult, you are being very naive.

Good thing I don't believe that (you might've missed the "suuuuuuuure" in my post). 07, Faithful, and Wrangor are all making the points which underscore my position.

I was watching that thinking this guy has to know that this will be televised, and then I realized he actually thinks what he is saying is OK.

Because he talks to NC Republicans who affirm his beliefs. For them to disavow someone in a leadership position and act like his beliefs are suddenly known or suddenly offensive is ridiculous.

Despite the controversy, Yelton tells Xpress: "The comments that were made, that I said, I stand behind them. I believe them."

The short interview clips were edited together from a much longer two-hour sit-down, says Yelton. But he says he was pleased overall with the parts that were included. In fact, he notes that some of the comments he made that weren't included might've even been more controversial. "To tell you the truth, there were a lot of things I said that they could've made sound worse than what they put up." He adds, "I would've loved to been able to do it live. … But that wasn't offered."

Yelton says he was well aware of what he was getting into when he agreed to be on the show.

"Everybody and their brother told me, 'They're going to make fun of you,'" he notes. "I don't think we can run from the people that disagree with us. If you're not willing to talk to people you disagree with, then you're never going to accomplish anything. So that's why I agreed to take the interview."

http://www.mountainx.com/article/53...ism-of-his-controversial-Daily-Show-interview

Suuuuuuuuuurre.

Voter ID is where I definitely split with my fellow left-wingers. Anti-ID Democrats have made getting a free ID seem as impossible as engineering a spacecraft which could land on the sun.

What problem are we solving with this requirement though? I mean, there's a lot of work to do and this accomplishes absolutely nothing. I guess Im confused

Good thing I don't believe that (you might've missed the "suuuuuuuure" in my post). 07, Faithful, and Wrangor are all making the points which underscore my position.

my baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :)

Outside of the RARE RARE occasion, if you're 25 years old today and are too poor to pay for your own Government ID I'm sure we can find a pistol to put in your mouth.

99.5% of my generation has the ability to grow up on safety nets on top of safety nets.

So once again, old people just die. It will make our society's accountability a lot easier.

Back