• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daivien Williamson's game-winning three-pointer. Best Wake ACC Tournament moment since?

I had a midterm essay due at midnight that night. I didn’t think that game would ever end so I could finish it and get it submitted. I was late but told the prof what happened and she was cool with it
My wife was with me and pregnant with FetusInVermont. I reference that game as the reason our 15 year old is such a night owl- as if she'll miss something awesome if she falls asleep at a normal time.

My wife was with me and pregnant with FetusInVermont. I reference that game as the reason our 15 year old is such a night owl- as if she'll miss something awesome if she falls asleep at a normal time.
never mind

thought that game was 2009, but it was '07

Well, however you want to say it…the Cam 360 and DW 3 for the win was the best moments in WMBB in ACC play in a vast number of years. The end

He went off in 2OT against Tech at the ACCT in Tampa. It was Skip's next to last game.

He had 21 points in 2OT. 22 points for the game.
This.

Game was in 2007. IMO, that was the last “thrilling” win. Dino’s teams never won an ACC Tourney Game, and The Bz & Manning Years are “blurs” in my memory.

Well, however you want to say it…the Cam 360 and DW 3 for the win was the best moments in WMBB in ACC play in a vast number of years. The end

The Cam 360 was some English shit, for sure! :)

DW's trey was icing on the cake!

I love how it's in the StatBroadcast play-by-play.

Made TURNAROUND turnaround jumper by WFU #2 hildreth, cameron in the paint
I was on Twitter and some idiotic Hole suggested that it was a travel. God I hate those m************

I was on Twitter and some idiotic Hole suggested that it was a travel. God I hate those m************

WTF

Happy for DW. Can’t ever recall seeing a shot like Cam’s.

Last edited:
that's weird - we made the NIT that season, which is weird after going 3-13 in conference

before the NIT started giving autobids to all regular-season champs, that was the norm for a .500+ team from the ACC who did not get into the NCAAs

six ACC teams (every single .500+ team that was not dancing) went to the NIT that year

I got into that game in Tampa for $5 and sat in the front row.

That might have been the worst place to hold the ACC Tourney ever. And I went to the one in DC, which also sucked.
Ha. I was at both of those as well. Definitely terrible. Only good part about Tampa was going to a restaurant after games and watching Sidney Lowe throwing back drinks like the champ he was. I may even have a picture buried somewhere.

I was going to say since Bobby Cremins didn't realize Rutland had been injured.

2006, Skip, JGray, EWilliams beat FSU and NC State after finishing DFL in the ACC
We should have beat Duke the next game too and had a shot at the title. Reddick was hobbled, Sheldon Williams was in foul trouble, and freaking freshman Paulus scored 18 on us. Close game until late in the second half. Big E dominated in his last game though which was cool with 23/12 on 9-12 FG.

ETA, wow the rest of our team shot 33% from the field that game. Visser and Hale started for some reason and combined for 13 min, 0 points, and 2 rebs. Ellis and Drum combined for 70 min off the bench (Ellis had 13 points). Weird.

Back