• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

Oh well. Hate it didn't work for him at MSD, but it's not like he was some important part of the mix.

It's none of our business.

This is a matter between Steve Forbes, Damari Monsanto and whoever they choose to include in the matter. We have not been included. Time to respect their wishes and move on.
i would say if you donated to RTQ and monsanto pocketed your money it's absolutely your business

i would say if you donated to RTQ and monsanto pocketed your money it's absolutely your business
This is an unintended consequence of NIL. Issue for me is that, at the end of the day, they are still kids and deserve more privacy than a "pro" athlete. I get it, but think there is a difference that can be articulated there.

This is an unintended consequence of NIL. Issue for me is that, at the end of the day, they are still kids and deserve more privacy than a "pro" athlete. I get it, but think there is a difference that can be articulated there.
i agree with you. still believe both are true. you want big boy money, wear your big boy pants

Isn't it true NIL can't be tied to performance? Which seems dumb

i agree with you. still believe both are true. you want big boy money, wear your big boy pants
Just saying, for me, there is a different level of info/access fans (even paying ones) are - don't really want to use the term - "entitled" to ncaa/NIL vs pro. And pre NIL I would say fans -again- "deserved" even less.

Just saying, for me, there is a different level of info/access fans (even paying ones) are - don't really want to use the term - "entitled" to ncaa/NIL vs pro. And pre NIL I would say fans -again- "deserved" even less.
If we are giving money we should be given actual updates on whether or not players have quit the team

If we are giving money we should be given actual updates on whether or not players have quit the team
Seems like you got your update that damari did not travel to the tourney and has now entered his name in the portal. He's not on the team and the why doesn't matter.

Are these dots hard for you to connect?

• March 2nd: Monsanto is a DNP against VT after playing the previous 11 games
  • March 5: Monsanto is a DNP against GT
  • March 9 (senior day): Monsanto leaves LJVM before the game on senior day and sends a thank you twitter to fans
  • March 13-14 (ACC Tournament): Monsanto doesn't travel with the team for the ACCT
  • March 18: Monsanto enters the transfer portal
So, in case this fact-pattern is too complicated to dicipher:
  • After not playing in two games, Damari Monsanto left the team on or before March 9th.
  • Damari Monsanto will not play for WF again
  • Damari Monsanto is, at least, leaving open the possibility of playing for another school in 2024-5.

It's hard to gauge the long term feasibility of a system that requires fans pay to support players, but not care when those players leave, so they donate to support new players. Of course, the other option would be for the university to just pay all of them but that's crazy talk.

Back