• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

At this point, I expect somebody to tweet a picture of Monsanto's senior day plague in a dumpster.

Just pile on more bad news.
seems weird he'd come in (to be seen) grab the plaque and jet

I wish him well…I have said it before, he might be the best shooter I have ever seen. His injuries are a tragedy!

narrator: you cannot
Uh ya you definitely can. Even if you don’t take into account everything off the court, his lack of availability immediately means there are plenty of more talented options. Here’s exhibit A in a similar style of player: Cam Spencer. Damari has had shit luck no doubt but this is pretty on brand

We do not value the ball. Its like our coach has no impact on shot selection.

When the going gets tough, quit, is not my personal mindset. But you do you man.
He’s been through two horrifically bad injuries and kept going. Now he comes back and can’t play at an ACC level. He’s hardly a typical quitter or he would have stopped this years ago. This is a young man who’s grappling with his dream and life plan falling apart in front of his eyes. I’m baffled at the lack of empathy here.

I hope Monsanto has incredible success no matter where he plays in the future. And I mean that. If he transfers to UNC I’d feel the same way. But I don’t agree with how he’s gone about this.

He’s been through two horrifically bad injuries and kept going. Now he comes back and can’t play at an ACC level. He’s hardly a typical quitter or he would have stopped this years ago. This is a young man who’s grappling with his dream and life plan falling apart in front of his eyes. I’m baffled at the lack of empathy here.
And there was a family tragedy on top of the injuries if I recall correctly. Sister died in an accident. He’s had a rough couple of years.

Can you find a lot of high major guys shooting 40% from 3 on 8 attempts a game?
Sure, if you look at purely 3 point shooting there are very few. If you look at overall play there are many more. I’m not trying to discount him as a players, he’s awesome and one of the most exciting players in the country when he’s right, but getting talent that is more steady headed will be key. And hopefully without such crap injury luck.

And there was a family tragedy on top of the injuries if I recall correctly. Sister died in an accident. He’s had a rough couple of years.
You’re right. I forgot about this one. I also think we forget the pressure on some kids to “make it.” A lot of young guys have a whole family/community counting on them.

I mean its been obvious the past week- it wasn't hard to see he quit after the Duke game and just made it official today. The dude quit on his team at the worst possible time.

Back