• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins: Deacons Show Up

Its hard to look in the mirror as a player and realize that you just aren't good. They are just too close to the situation to see what is going on. This team severely lacks the talent to compete every game. The falls directly on the head coach.

Its hard to look in the mirror as a player and realize that you just aren't good. They are just too close to the situation to see what is going on. This team severely lacks the talent to compete every game. The falls directly on the head coach.

SuperStock_1669-14565.jpg

Can't believe so many of you have your panties in a wad over players defending their coach. Do you have a great need for them to validate your opinion? Have never understood the personal attacks on coaches and players on this team. The crap that Tyler was taking here last night because of his acne was disgusting.

Bz's record speaks for itself. Personal attacks do not make your point any stronger. He's not getting the job done. He needs to go. Wellman and the administration was never going to pull the plug on him after 3 years and a freshman class. Didn't agree with it but it wasn't my decision.

The personal stuff here is really juvenile.

the cav stuff was pretty crappy.

i don't think that people are upset with the players for defending their coach. most of us realize that they are a little shell shocked and have bought in to some of the stuff they are saying. they are toeing the wellman-[Redacted] company line. "coaches prepare the players to play." all of bzz's "ask them" for 2 (and 4 years) you get to the point you really believe that the only coach you have ever seen might be right because you had a bad game.

i read their comments more like they are taking responsibility for their poor play at times and pointing to a win like duke and saying "we should be able to do that more often." what they either don't realize or aren't saying in public is that with a better coach they will have those (and better) performances far more often. winners win. we know what bzz does.

This.

And this is why Avery Johnson and Scott Skiles are not currently coaching in the NBA (not to hijack the thread).

Two more possible names on the list of 33.

Can't believe so many of you have your panties in a wad over players defending their coach. Do you have a great need for them to validate your opinion? Have never understood the personal attacks on coaches and players on this team. The crap that Tyler was taking here last night because of his acne was disgusting.

Bz's record speaks for itself. Personal attacks do not make your point any stronger. He's not getting the job done. He needs to go. Wellman and the administration was never going to pull the plug on him after 3 years and a freshman class. Didn't agree with it but it wasn't my decision.

The personal stuff here is really juvenile.

+1,000,000

He's just not. I mean last night on the postgame I kind of felt sorry for him, because the man is just so challenged socially, that he couldn't even really express himself right after what should've been the highlight of his time at Wake. A head coach has got to have more than x and o knowledge, he's got to be the face of the program with the media and fans and that just isn't in [Redacted]'s makeup.

+1

So, basically, Codi just admitted that he hasn't done his job for two years straight. Sounds like an invitation to be benched and recruited over by the next coach to me.

What do you expect him to say?

Back