• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins Talks Duke Debacle

I got to the end and was still waiting for Dan to start.

I think what Dan is really saying is we don't have the talent to match up with Duke or any good team for forty minutes. VaTech...yes.

[Redacted] mentioned in the post-game the importance of every single game. With only eight regular-season games remaining, the importance is mounting every time out.
I have no idea what this even means.

Debacle???? Heck, I was impressed we even made Duke sweat a little until the last 5 minutes of the first half. That's how far we've fallen my friends.

Pretty much. It's not so much that we lost at Duke without our, arguably, best player because we have lost there by large margins with much better teams. It's that we go into these games knowing that there is no chance to win barring a miracle of Biblical proportions.

I have no idea what this even means.

It means he has 36 days left in his head coaching career and wants to savor every minute of it. He is making 1.3 million/year doing his "dream job", yet knows that it's permanently coming to an end in a month. Of course he wants to make every remaining game count!

I thought the 20-5 Duke run was mostly on Coron. Dude didn't step up. Not at all.

He coulda saved himself some time and effort and just wrote one word. "[Redacted]"

you know, if it wasn't for that 20-5 run at the end of the first half and a couple of runs there in the second half, we would have won by 3!

-Jeff [Redacted]

Dan really mailed that one in. He was ready to head for the barn.

I thought the 20-5 Duke run was mostly on Coron. Dude didn't step up. Not at all.

of course you did. but i agree with those that place a little more culpability at the feet of the adults making a sh!t ton of money rather than a team of kids that are mostly out matched from a talent/physical skills perspective. if you are lacking there you better damn well know how to teach, plan and make in game adjustments. in year 4 i am still waiting to see some evidence he is capable of that since i did not see the rest of his losing career in person.

Back