• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins Talks Duke Debacle

I got to the end and was still waiting for Dan to start.

In fairness, what was there to say? Even good Wake teams lose at Cameron. Roasting [Redacted] over a loss at Duke isn't really been sporting.

There wasn't. So Dan shouldn't have written anything in his opinion blog about it.

It's his job to opine on the game isn't it? I think the article was written primarily for the last two lines because Bz talking about the importance of every single game came off a bit odd.....I don't remember Bz saying things like that before.

He could have written about Madison Jones and the brass balls it took to handle Duke's pressure and only commit two turnovers and play his guts out. There is a story there somewhere. There's always a story. It just takes a journalist who is actually interested in sharing it.

wakedeac98 said:
It means he has 36 days left in his head coaching career and wants to savor every minute of it. He is making 1.3 million/year doing his "dream job", yet knows that it's permanently coming to an end in a month. Of course he wants to make every remaining game count!

I'm not so sure Bz thinks this way. I remember his answer to a recorded question on his radio show last year. The question was what did he consider to be success. His answer was "A winning season". I know Bz doesn't looks like he's happy during games, but he might be thinking 3 more wins (17 total) and we clinch a winning season. I (Bz) might get a contract extension which means more $1.3 million years.

As other posters have stated, many people can work at a job that makes them miserable if they're paid enough.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure Bz thinks this way. I remember his answer to a recorded question on his radio show last year. The question was what did he consider to be success. His answer was "A winning season". I know Bz doesn't looks like he's happy during games, but he might be thinking 3 more wins (17 total) and we clinch a winning season. I (Bz) might get a contract extension which means more $1.3 million years.

As other posters have stated, many people can work at a job that makes them miserable if they're paid enough.

“Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.”

Back