• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins WEIGHS in...

What's CMM supposed to say, this guy or that guy thought we had it won and that's what cost us. He didn't say 'I thought'. The poor kid had to come out and do a post game interview after one of the more gut wrenching losses any of us have seen. So Let's just pile it on him.

Agreed. Codi sounds like he's reporting what he saw, not defending it. We all saw the same thing he did-I'd like it less if he lied.

What's CMM supposed to say, this guy or that guy thought we had it won and that's what cost us. He didn't say 'I thought'. The poor kid had to come out and do a post game interview after one of the more gut wrenching losses any of us have seen. So Let's just pile it on him.

Seems odd to pile on CMM for saying what everyone was thinking. Anyone watching the game thought we had the game won. I've been a Wake fan all my life so I know we can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but I'm sure there's a statistical analysis of our odds of winning the game at the 20 sec mark. Hopefully our young guys like Crawford and Dinos learn from this and don't come up short on their FTs when given the chance again.

Last edited:
Seems odd to pile on CMM for saying what everyone was thinging. Anyone watching the game thought we had the game won. I've been a Wake fan all my life so I know we can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory but I'm sure there's a statistical analysis of our odds of winning the game at the 20 sec mark. Hopefully our young guys like Crawford and Dinos learn from this and don't come up short on their FTs when given the chance again.

Can't even wrap my head around this idea. If you didn't learn to play hard until the clock reads zero in high school, you sure as shit should have learned it during the 3 and a half years playing for Wake Forest. This is like quotes from last year about guys coming out with no energy and nobody knew why. It's just inexcusable.

Codi was speaking truth. It was not his fault alone.
So what? He's supposed to be the team leader and prevent that from happening....so as a team leader HE failed. If he can't lead the team like he's supposed to, put someone else in there.

It's sort of a shame CMM and Devin will have to end their careers like this...but they didn't rise up enough. At least the young'ns will learn from it.

Sad Fact: If we were too mentally weak to let UVA come back and do that to us, then we are also too mentally weak to not let that game crush or season.

Skip Brown, Randolph, Frank Johnson, Delaney Rudd , CP3, Justin Gray ,Jeff Teague or Taron Downey would just say " give me the ball and get out of the way" during the closing minutes of a game. Unfortunately, we haven't had a guard like that since Teague left.

You meant game winner Ish right?

Codi was speaking truth. It was not his fault alone.

Nobody doubts he was speaking the truth. It's just the very definition of a sad truth. This is the Jeff [Redacted] mindset reaching out from the grave, reminding us the program isn't clear of him yet.

You will never hear a Danny Manning senior speak that way, regardless of whether he actually wins games here or not. Truth is you can say that about 85% of the coaches in college basketball though. 10% of them would have thrown up just listening to it.

Skip Brown, Randolph, Frank Johnson, Delaney Rudd , CP3, Justin Gray ,Jeff Teague or Taron Downey would just say " give me the ball and get out of the way" during the closing minutes of a game. Unfortunately, we haven't had a guard like that since Teague left.

Crawford will be that guy. He has already tried to take over games, he's just too young/raw right now. He has the killer instinct, he just has to be smarter with it. It comes with experience.

Crawford will be that guy. He has already tried to take over games, he's just too young/raw right now. He has the killer instinct, he just has to be smarter with it. It comes with experience.

agreed on Crawford.

Ish was money in the clutch too....

Yes, this is correct. Did Teague hit any game winners?

The Teague dunk over Dave Neal at Maryland counts, even if it wasn't at the buzzer. It effectively ended that game.

Remember when we were good? We're going to be good again.

I don't even care about being good anymore. I just want us to not suck.

I don't even care about being good anymore. I just want us to not suck.

Yeah. We've got to not suck, get decent, and then become solid before talking about good. We got solid too quick this year and things fell apart so we still suck.

This. Apparently reading comprehension is not a strength on the boards.

Can't even wrap my head around this idea. If you didn't learn to play hard until the clock reads zero in high school, you sure as shit should have learned it during the 3 and a half years playing for Wake Forest. This is like quotes from last year about guys coming out with no energy and nobody knew why. It's just inexcusable.

Well .... the Spurs got trashed by GS and while GS played their A game, the Spurs had 8 TO's in the first quarter (ie. a 32/gm pace). Pop essentially called out every player on the team and especially the starters. Jeez you think that guys that are paid millions a year for a job and have won championships would know to come out with their A game against the top team in the league.

The point .... we are dealing with kids.

Crap we had Braswell and Rutland fighting over the same girl that screwed up one season. We had Teague pouting over Ish playing the point.

As I've said on other threads, if BC is the type of player many believe he is, he will have learned a very hard lesson and in the long run we'll be better off or it. Not that I wanted to experience this type of crap (now or ever) but I'd rather have it happen in a marginal season than when we are playing for ACCT and NCAAT seeding in two years.

What does a coach calling out players have to do with a senior admitting the team quit playing because they thought a game was going to be given to them?

Agree completely on the BC point though, mentioned it as a silver lining previously.

So what? He's supposed to be the team leader and prevent that from happening....so as a team leader HE failed. If he can't lead the team like he's supposed to, put someone else in there.

It's sort of a shame CMM and Devin will have to end their careers like this...but they didn't rise up enough. At least the young'ns will learn from it.

This. Apparently reading comprehension is not a strength on the boards.

You're clearly missing the point. It's not that he SAID it that makes it frustrating. It's that it was TRUE. It would've been true regardless of whether he said it in the postgame interview, and that just isn't acceptable on a team with two seniors.

I saw a player named Adrian Jones toss in a 25-footer while falling down to beat Wake 68-67 in Atlanta early in the 1999-2000 season.

Was that a December game vs. UGA? I remember watching that game in Vegas with some fellow Deacs if so. Definitely a stomach punch game. Sucks when your team loses before lunch.

Back