• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green out for the season

Terrible news. I love his attitude and work ethic.

To prevent an 8 man class don't be surprised if we let him graduate and not use the redshirt (though I hope he improves and makes me eat my words)

Terrible news. I love his attitude and work ethic.

To prevent an 8 man class don't be surprised if we let him graduate and not use the redshirt (though I hope he improves and makes me eat my words)

I really don't think this will happen. He will redshirt. Its not going to be an 8-man class anyway. CMM will definitely leave for the draft, and there's always a good chance others will do the same or transfer.

CMM will definitely leave for the draft, and there's always a good chance others will do the same

yeah, just checked NBADraft.net and DraftExpress, whose job it is to project these things. I think you've been hitting the kool-aid a little too hard, save some for the rest of us.

I really don't think this will happen. He will redshirt. Its not going to be an 8-man class anyway. CMM will definitely leave for the draft, and there's always a good chance others will do the same or transfer.

tumblr_mbjtoqjDSX1r2qbq7o3_400.gif

That just sucks for him and us. You hate to see a kid put the kind of time and work he did to apparently get a lot stronger and improve himseld, and then have it all go on one play in an exhibition game of all things. Tough year for torn tendons and ligaments this year it seems for the Skins and Deacs.

Do you know what "definitely" means?

LOL...exactly. If you're going to say definitely, it should refer to the chance of transfers.

According to WT and the sunshine brigade, we can't judge this team on two exhibition games, but we're already declaring CMM a sure thing to leave early after averaging like 18 minutes in those two games. Awesome!

How much does this move the Excuse O Meter for Bzzz? I hope for a quick and full recovery for Daniel, but if this provides cover for our teams asshole in chief, I am bummed.[/QUOTE

Tons of cover plus the youth and transfer excuse.... he just cant catch a break and surely the upcoming shit season is not his fault.

How much does this move the Excuse O Meter for Bzzz? I hope for a quick and full recovery for Daniel, but if this provides cover for our teams asshole in chief, I am bummed.[/QUOTE

Tons of cover plus the youth and transfer excuse.... he just cant catch a break and surely the upcoming shit season is not his fault.

How many coaches get to use the "too many transfers" excuse twice at one stop?

Get well and come back stronger, Daniel. Look forward to seeing what Shaka can do with you!

This really sucks for Daniel. It seems as if he put forth a lot of time at the gym building up his frame.

Lets be realistic though. Our season was not going to rest on a forward that averaged 1.4 pts a game last year on a terrible team. I just don't think he has the talent to make a difference. I read that he was only a top 75 rated recruit in hs in the state of Texas. I would love to be wrong but Bzz cannot use this injury as an excuse this year.

Our season would have been helped a lot by somebody that averaged 7 and 5 in 20 MPG though.

You dismiss his numbers but you have consider who will now step in. Moto (freshman), Washington (freshman), Thomas (freshman), Cavanaugh (freshman)...that's four freshmen. It's a pretty big loss there.

The deal with Daniel is that he was very active when he was in games last season; but he got pushed around because he was weak. If he really is stronger, his energy could have been a strong factor on the boards and getting easy put backs. Hopefully, we now have some other guys who will do that also.

Back