• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green out for the season

This really sucks for Daniel. It seems as if he put forth a lot of time at the gym building up his frame.

Lets be realistic though. Our season was not going to rest on a forward that averaged 1.4 pts a game last year on a terrible team. I just don't think he has the talent to make a difference. I read that he was only a top 75 rated recruit in hs in the state of Texas. I would love to be wrong but Bzz cannot use this injury as an excuse this year.

Just wait.

Our season would have been helped a lot by somebody that averaged 7 and 5 in 20 MPG though.

You dismiss his numbers but you have consider who will now step in. Moto (freshman), Washington (freshman), Thomas (freshman), Cavanaugh (freshman)...that's four freshmen. It's a pretty big loss there.

Only if you consider green more talented than the freshmen we have coming in. I do not. Time will tell.

This really sucks for Daniel. It seems as if he put forth a lot of time at the gym building up his frame.

Lets be realistic though. Our season was not going to rest on a forward that averaged 1.4 pts a game last year on a terrible team. I just don't think he has the talent to make a difference. I read that he was only a top 75 rated recruit in hs in the state of Texas. I would love to be wrong but Bzz cannot use this injury as an excuse this year.

wanna bet? he has not owned a fucking thing since he has been here.... throws players under the bus.... complains they dont listen... no a doubt in my mind he will uses this at some level .... "well after the injury we were small in the post and we could not overcome that loss"

LOL...exactly. If you're going to say definitely, it should refer to the chance of transfers.

According to WT and the sunshine brigade, we can't judge this team on two exhibition games, but we're already declaring CMM a sure thing to leave early after averaging like 18 minutes in those two games. Awesome!

1.) I'm definitely not a sunshine brigade-er. Fuck that. I'm more pessimistic about college sports than I've ever been this year.
2.) I shouldn't have used the word "definitely", but its pretty clear CMM is going to be about all we've got once CJ and Travis are gone. The kid is outstanding, and we seem to be bleeding at other positions... Also, I believe I read somewhere on here that Chill believes he won't stay for 4 either. I think CMM will have the opportunity. He's no Chris Paul, but he'll be good. He probably won't be able to carry the team though.

We could always get [Redacted]'d though. Who knows.

Do you know what "definitely" means?
Yeah, I do. Don't be an asshole.

Last edited:
So sad for Daniel.

Work hard buddy.

We're all on your side!!!!!

"Obviously it takes away from our depth up front,'' [Redacted] said. "But we're not going to use anything ever as an excuse. We've got to where the depth that we have — which is an asset of ours — comes into play.

Ha, so Bzz is on record as saying that depth is now an asset of ours? Excellent. One excuse down. Hilarious that he would have the balls to say "we're not going to use anything ever as an excuse" though.

Ha, so Bzz is on record as saying that depth is now an asset of ours? Excellent. One excuse down. Hilarious that he would have the balls to say "we're not going to use anything ever as an excuse" though.
What else would he say in this scenario? "Dear Lord, we have nobody else to play except a freshmen **/*** recruit. WE'RE FINISHED!"

What else would he say in this scenario? "Dear Lord, we have nobody else to play except a freshmen **/*** recruit. WE'RE FINISHED!"

Bzzlover, there's a difference between saying we don't have anyone else to play and calling depth an asset of the current team.

By mentioning our depth as a strength this season he is implying that depth was a problem in previous seasons. I hope he doesn't want to use lack of depth in previous seasons as an excuse...

Bzzlover, there's a difference between saying we don't have anyone else to play and calling depth an asset of the current team.

I'm not a Bzzlover, I simply acknowledge it would be dumb to be anything but optimistic publicly. He has to feed us bullshit. Otherwise he's being headhunted for being a negative asshole coach even more than he is now.

I'm Bzzout until he has a winning ACC record.

I'm not a Bzzlover, I simply acknowledge it would be dumb to be anything but optimistic publicly. He has to feed us bullshit. Otherwise he's being headhunted for being a negative asshole coach even more than he is now.

Bullshit is all he has fed us for years. I think people would be far more forgiving if he hadn't been feeding us bullshit optimism followed by bullshit excuses with a round of bullshit "win the right way" on the side.

I'm Bzzout until he has a winning ACC record.

So, you're willing to give him time? How can you be Bzzout "until"? Be honest, you're Bzzwait at best.

BTW, BeachBum, thanks for the negrep big man. You really are the boards dad/thought police. :wtftard:

Bullshit is all he has fed us for years. I think people would be far more forgiving if he hadn't been feeding us bullshit optimism followed by bullshit excuses with a round of bullshit "win the right way" on the side.
Believe me, I'm not going to ever look at his PR in a positive light unless he figures his shit out real quick.

So, you're willing to give him time? How can you be Bzzout "until"? Be honest, you're Bzzwait at best.

If it came down to it now, I want him fired. That makes me a Bzzout, no? If he randomly comes out with a fantastic season (at our current standards), I'll reconsider. I consider a winning record in the ACC massive improvement, so when that happens... (if it happens)

I don't know what's worse...that this kid misses out on playing this season or that I'm so disassociated from our current hoops program that I didn't immediately remember who he was.

I thought Daniel Green played really tough last season, i'm sad he got hurt, we really needed him this season. The positive spin on this is that he should be able to gain some much needed weight while he's unable to do cardio. I don't have personal experience with this, but is it possible to do upper body strength training with a bum leg? If so, he needs to be killing it.

Back