• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green ?

Medical hardship allows for the player to keep his scholarship but not be counted against the scholarship limits.

Such a thing exists and Pete Gillen still pushed out Majestic Mapp?

What kind of kid in college doesn't like to eat?

Who knows what his background is? He may have come from somewhere that eating 3 meals a day wasn't an option. Maybe there is something seriously wrong with him that doctors can't figure out.

From what I have heard it really isn't a laughing matter at this point, and until we find out what is going on I would refrain from making jokes about it.

Note: This isn't really directed at you, but everybody that was making the tags in poor taste, as well as some of the posts.

I might order a pizza tonight. It saves money if I order wings too.

I'll be the team's nutritionist.

I met somebody who spent 5 years trying to figure out what was wrong with her GI stuff and they find out she was born with no tail bone.

Messed up all her internal organs and digestion. She was super skinny like Green and didn't like to eat. Just sayin'

I liked his energy on the court and desire to rebound. With his frame, he can get to balls in the same way that AFA and Levy could. He doesn't have their skills for it and he's definitely not an ACC-level player now. I think he could be a decent 5-8 minute guy in a few years.

Me too. And you could double those minutes his junior to senior year.

If a player cannot continue to play a sport and the university wants to honor his scholarship, is the player counted against the scholarship limit or does the university find another way to keep him on campus? I know nothing about his condition and don't want to suggest anything. I'm just curious, especially in light of the eric katenda situation.

I think the university just finds another way to keep him on campus, but I'm not totally sure. I just haven't heard anything about Eric Katenda counting towards ND's scholarship limit. I think he's just there for school now.

Who knows what his background is? He may have come from somewhere that eating 3 meals a day wasn't an option. Maybe there is something seriously wrong with him that doctors can't figure out.

From what I have heard it really isn't a laughing matter at this point, and until we find out what is going on I would refrain from making jokes about it.

Note: This isn't really directed at you, but everybody that was making the tags in poor taste, as well as some of the posts.

I thought he came from a pretty well-off background, no?

This situation is potentially a serious one. The word potentially is used because testing is still being done.

His dad played football at UNC and was in the Marine Corps. He is a solid dude who looks like he could play a few downs right now. He comes from a good family.

Let's all hope and pray that everything turns out ok for him.

Hope Green can get healthy and get back on the court soon. Even if he's not going to be an impact contributor this year, he'll still benefit from the game time and experience. Thoughts and prayers with this young man as this situation gets sorted out

This situation is potentially a serious one. The word potentially is used because testing is still being done.

His dad played football at UNC and was in the Marine Corps. He is a solid dude who looks like he could play a few downs right now. He comes from a good family.

Let's all hope and pray that everything turns out ok for him.

Maybe I am reading too much into your post but that does not sound good.

Maybe I am reading too much into your post but that does not sound good.

Dont mean to sound ominous. They are testing to be certain he is ok before clearing him to return. He could be back soon. It may be a while. Truly unknown at this point. That is why it is potentially serious. I just dont think it is a joking matter.

Just as a side note, Daniel grew up in Forsyth County up until about 7th grade and still has family here. These were factors in his signing.

Sorry to hear this. Agreed that such weight loss at his age is a bad thing. Likely they are trying to rule out a chronic disease such as diabetes, etc.

Back