• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Outplaying FSU for 34 minutes on the road and outplaying Clemson for 36 minutes isnt improvement? Those are both top 20 teams. I understand we should of won but shit are you blind?

Are you serious?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Outplaying FSU for 34 minutes on the road and outplaying Clemson for 36 minutes isnt improvement? Those are both top 20 teams. I understand we should of won but shit are you blind?

Alright Randolph Childress, we all understand that this team is making progress and your son is spearheading the way with his performance against national title contending FSU and Top 10 Clemson.

Clemson's not a top 20 team. I've seen us blow lead after lead for 3 years now. This Wake team has a decent amount of talent, but is poorly coached

It's amazing where the standards are for this program. We used to compete in the upper echelon of the ACC and postseason berths every year. Now we are satisfied about blowing double digit leads to Clemson at home

Last edited:
Or that we gave top 10 Xavier and top 40 Nwestern all that they could handle with a chance to win both games in the final 2-3 minutes? Or that were 44 in kenpom. Are any of these things i just stated not improvement? If you cant see our upward trajectory your either stupid, blind or you just expected Manning to turn this thing around with a snap of the fingers.

Manning has had us in position to win every game in the last few minutes except Nova. At some point players gotta execute and make shots too.

BigDeac8 loves moral victories.

We have had scads of moral victories over the past 3 seasons during the 7-33 (0-19) stretch.

Two years ago we lost to Cuse on the road in OT, Clemson by 2, FSU in double OT and Virginia by 1.

Last year we lost to VT by 2 and Pitt in OT.

You know what a moral victory is? Its a loss.

So if it's a trend, what's next according to your recognition of it? We're going to lose to BC at home and get blown out against UNC and UVA? Plenty of the negative posters said we'd lose to LSU. Many said we'd lose to Richmond. Some said UNCG and Coastal Carolina would beat us. If someone predicts all those losses then jumps all over a poster who thinks Clemson was the first real hiccup so far, who is closer to the actual trend?

We've seen Wake drop 95%+ win percentage games to UVA last year and Clemson this year. There's no arguing that and there's plenty of blame to go around both for the players and the coach in both instances. Anyone who thinks Manning should be fired tomorrow or that nothing he's done so far deserves criticism are equally insane, in my opinion. God forbid people discuss basketball instead of call out "credibility" posts or spending thread after thread trying to force every fan into a "fire Manning" or "Manning is the perfect hire" opinion. The Tunnels are just dying to handle any such arguments.

Plenty of examples listed of the trend. Losing streaks, overall records, road records. At some point even good Wake fans like yourself have to get your head out of the sand. Manning has severe limitations and he doesn't show signs of overcoming them.

By the way, I'm not saying he should be fired tomorrow. I'm simply noting that we now know who Manning is. He's very good in certain ways, and still miles better than Bz. I actually really like him as a person. We will win some games this year, due to our talent and his ability to get us started off well in games. But at the end of the day, he's not going to be good enough. He's not going to lead us where we all want to go, where we all know we are capable of going if we just had the right person in charge.

The writing is on the wall and we are going to need another coach sooner rather than later. The credibility debate over his head coaching merits is over.

Manning has done very well at WFU other than game coaching, particularly end of game strategy. He has failed miserably in that regard.

We have had scads of moral victories over the past 3 seasons during the 7-33 (0-19) stretch.

Two years ago we lost to Cuse on the road in OT, Clemson by 2, FSU in double OT and Virginia by 1.

CMM blew end of game possesions in all of those losses. I was expecting better things this year.

Manning has done very well at WFU other than game coaching, particularly end of game strategy. He has failed miserably in that regard.

im-confused-m08wjd.jpg

Its not moral victories. I wanna win just as bad as any Wake fan, but you all need to be realistic. The Bz era was arguably the worst possible in our history. It was 5 years of hell. Be realistic we cant judge Manning until after year 4.

Tony Bennett won 45 games in years three and four at Virginia and went 20 and 14 in the ACC. I don't get the comparison here?

So Shaka Smart should get fired at Texas? Manning inherited way worse and his upward trajectory is way better. Shaka is 6-7 this year.

We are 3-25 in our last 28 conference games. Upward trajectory ?

Back