• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

If that's so, I'm commingling the remarks admittedly. It merged together to me. Especially when, regarding outside shooting we went 0-11 from 3 vs. Xavier in the second half, and made no 3-ptrs down the stretch vs. Clemson (didn't watch FSU).

Anyway, my complaint isn't just about me; I've noticed this happening to others during the holiday period as well. I think it's a problem.

Considering the death penalty [Redacted] was, any coach coming into this shit situation should be on a 3rd year NIT, 4th year NCAA expectation schedule. That's not to say a great coach couldn't get it done earlier, but even Tony Bennett only made the NCAA's once in his first 4 years at UVA.

Do you compensate Bennett for how often you use him to justify bad coaches?

Ouch. The DCDeac Credibility Watch just started and it's not pretty.

I'm really losing sleep over it...

Cherry picking year 1 [Redacted] posts as if I was defending him in years 3 and 4, or even supported the hire originally, if laughable. I mean, I'm the one who posted my conversation with Bilas when I gave him shit for the quote about [Redacted] considering where we ended up in year 3. As I said in the last post - I'm one to look for positives, particularly if a given coach is absolutely going to be here for a few more years ([Redacted] wasn't going anywhere for at least 3). If everyone that didn't have pitchforks out for [Redacted] in year 1 has zero credibility in some folk's eyes I'm fine being in that crowd.

I use Bennett routinely as an example because it's a good one, and I live in Northern Virginia. UVA fans as shortsighted and negative as many here were screaming for him to be fired after year 4. Same types of threads all over their boards. After year 3 I had zero confidence in [Redacted], but I feel differently about Manning and this team, that's the point of the post.

The bottom line is the metrics are no different. Year 3 should be some type of postseason appearance and year 4 should be NCAAs with few exceptions. If we fall apart this year and Manning loses the team, then misses the NCAA's next year - break out all the "I told you so's" you want. All this toxic shit over 5 bad minutes against Clemson is a joke though.

Cherry picking year 1 [name redacted] posts as if I was defending him in years 3 and 4, or even supported the hire originally, if laughable. I mean, I'm the one who posted my conversation with Bilas when I gave him shit for the quote about [name redacted] considering where we ended up in year 3. As I said in the last post - I'm one to look for positives, particularly if a given coach is absolutely going to be here for a few more years ([name redacted] wasn't going anywhere for at least 3). If everyone that didn't have pitchforks out for [name redacted] in year 1 has zero credibility in some folk's eyes I'm fine being in that crowd.

I use Bennett routinely as an example because it's a good one, and I live in Northern Virginia. UVA fans as shortsighted and negative as many here were screaming for him to be fired after year 4. Same types of threads all over their boards. After year 3 I had zero confidence in [name redacted], but I feel differently about Manning and this team, that's the point of the post.

The bottom line is the metrics are no different. Year 3 should be some type of postseason appearance and year 4 should be NCAAs with few exceptions. If we fall apart this year and Manning loses the team, then misses the NCAA's next year - break out all the "I told you so's" you want. All this toxic shit over 5 bad minutes against Clemson is a joke though.
What about the last 7 minutes against FSU? UVA last year? Losing 4 games so far this year when we led at the half? Continuing to give the ball to CMM in late game situations? etc etc etc

Yep, no problem eating my defense of Manning on this one. While there is a ton of blame on the players for an epic choke job on the floor, the lineups (not the timeouts, imho) absolutely helped make that happen.

I mean, just recognize that the lineup that really worked in this game was when we kept the starters in and put McClinton on Blossomgame for defense. So why is that not the team on the floor for the last 5 minutes? Overconfidence? Lack of awareness? Stubborn belief in a system where players are interchangeable?

I was critical of not starting Woods for so long - the Collins minutes are right up there. It's handcuffing the team.

As an aside, what a horrid game by Arians. Zero points and 3 huge game-losing turnovers. Dinos not far behind with almost no contribution against weak Clemson front court. Just pitiful, and pitiful recognition by Manning to have Arians on the floor in crunch time with Childress.

All this toxic shit over 5 bad minutes against Clemson is a joke though.

Im with DCDeac, his posts are spot on. Manning has us in the right direction. Makes you wonder.

The difference between that post and what others have been saying is pretty large. That post does not call for Manning's head, just addresses a couple things he did that are questionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between that post and what others have been saying is pretty large. That post does not call for Manning's head, just addresses a couple things he did that are questionable.

Nice way to cap off 2016. What a fucking debacle.

Entire team just qave up, Manning included. Choke city while UNC and Duke both get upset. We can't even hold on to beat Clemson after beating them the entire game.

Pathetic.

What you think of as an outlier, many of the rest of us recognize as a trend.

So if it's a trend, what's next according to your recognition of it? We're going to lose to BC at home and get blown out against UNC and UVA? Plenty of the negative posters said we'd lose to LSU. Many said we'd lose to Richmond. Some said UNCG and Coastal Carolina would beat us. If someone predicts all those losses then jumps all over a poster who thinks Clemson was the first real hiccup so far, who is closer to the actual trend?

We've seen Wake drop 95%+ win percentage games to UVA last year and Clemson this year. There's no arguing that and there's plenty of blame to go around both for the players and the coach in both instances. Anyone who thinks Manning should be fired tomorrow or that nothing he's done so far deserves criticism are equally insane, in my opinion. God forbid people discuss basketball instead of call out "credibility" posts or spending thread after thread trying to force every fan into a "fire Manning" or "Manning is the perfect hire" opinion. The Tunnels are just dying to handle any such arguments.

I would say 3-25 in our last 28 conference games is a trend. One of the tablets of credibility start winning conference games plural and not just against BC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cherry picking year 1 [name redacted] posts as if I was defending him in years 3 and 4, or even supported the hire originally, if laughable. I mean, I'm the one who posted my conversation with Bilas when I gave him shit for the quote about [name redacted] considering where we ended up in year 3. As I said in the last post - I'm one to look for positives, particularly if a given coach is absolutely going to be here for a few more years ([name redacted] wasn't going anywhere for at least 3). If everyone that didn't have pitchforks out for [name redacted] in year 1 has zero credibility in some folk's eyes I'm fine being in that crowd.

I use Bennett routinely as an example because it's a good one, and I live in Northern Virginia. UVA fans as shortsighted and negative as many here were screaming for him to be fired after year 4. Same types of threads all over their boards. After year 3 I had zero confidence in [name redacted], but I feel differently about Manning and this team, that's the point of the post.

What's a joke is that this "specific instance" of 5 bad minutes late in a game has played out numerous times in the Manning era and we're not even through year 3 yet.

DC Deac = Wellman?

Last edited:
I would say 3-25 in our last 28 conference games is a trend. One of the tablets of credibility start winning conference games plural and not just against BC

Good lord.

Just go ahead and say it... Overall, Manning is 7-31 in conference games and 0-16 on the road. This kind of success gives Manning a ghastly .184 win percentage.

Just go ahead and say it... Overall, Manning is 7-31 in conference games and 0-16 on the road. This kind of success gives Manning a ghastly .184 win percentage.
7-33 including the ACC tournament. A remarkable ability to find a way to lose.

I'm cool with Danny as long each season is better than the previous until we're regular NCAAT participants. So far, we're on track but the recruiting classes have me #nervous.

Manning came into this job knowing that the whole damn thing needed to be rebuilt completely. REBUILD REBUILD. If your a Wake fan and you knew the shit we were left with you knew it would be a slow process, and to say otherwise your an idiot. Kenpom in the Bz era was in the 140s with 3 star recruits. Basically we cant judge Manning until after 3.Did fans think any coachcould come in and turn it around in 2-3 years? If you said yes your an idiot. Hes gotten the 4 star recruits. His team this year has improved dramatically. Chaundee Brown is coming in next year. The future is bright. Manning will have us top 25 next year. MAKES YOU WONDER!

Manning came into this job knowing that the whole damn thing needed to be rebuilt completely. REBUILD REBUILD. If your a Wake fan and you knew the shit we were left with you knew it would be a slow process, and to say otherwise your an idiot. Kenpom in the Bz era was in the 140s with 3 star recruits. Basically we cant judge Manning until after 3.Did fans think any coachcould come in and turn it around in 2-3 years? If you said yes your an idiot. Hes gotten the 4 star recruits. His team this year has improved dramatically. Chaundee Brown is coming in next year. The future is bright. Manning will have us top 25 next year. MAKES YOU WONDER!

Watching the first two conference games this year, I disagree that we've improved from last year. Same mistakes, mental errors, and poor coaching

I don't know the answer but an interesting statistic would be how many of those 31 losses have we been tied or had the lead in the last 10 minutes... Getting blown out due to inferior talent is one thing but consistently losing games when you are competitive and have a chance gets frustrating.

Back