• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I mean stop and think about that. If Manning had won the four games we lost in the final minutes we would be a top 20 team and he would be in the conversation for National Coach of the year at this point.

But he loses those four games and all of a sudden he's a shit coach who deserves to be fired?

Yes. You don't seem to understand winning vs losing.

We lost those games. And once again this year the losses are piling up.

So if we are really a top 25 team that Manning is squandering, and we return everyone and add a top 30 recruit at our biggest position of need, then next year we will really be a top 15 team if we can simply feee ourselves of Manning and hire an average coach.

That's basically where your argument leads you.

The way you're structuring your argument, if Wake wins games, you win, and if Wake loses games, you still win. That seems to be the only wins that matter to you.

Right, because of Manning's horrible in game coaching. Which means we should have won them, right?

Like with a decent coach we would have won those games. Agreed?

Honestly, we might have won those games with a little bit better bench coaching. Well... the Clemson game at least.

I am Manning wait and see, but he handles Crawford and Collins just so poorly.

He lets foul trouble dictate everything instead of making his own decisions.

I will say that playing Chill early in games paid off tonight at least.

Honestly, we might have won those games with a little bit better bench coaching. Well... the Clemson game at least.

I'm pretty sure after each of those games multiple people on this thread and others blamed the loss on Manning's in game coaching decisions.

It would seem silly to do that if good coaching decisions wouldnt have won us those games.

So presumably, those who blamed those 4 losses on Manning's in game coaching believe we would have won each of those games with good in game coaching.

Is that a reasonable presumption?

I'm sorry for asking people to dig a little deeper than "the losses keep on piling up so Manning sucks and we should fire him."

Most of y'all went to Wake, you can do better than that.

I'm pretty sure after each of those games multiple people on this thread and others blamed the loss on Manning's in game coaching decisions.

It would seem silly to do that if good coaching decisions wouldnt have won us those games.

So presumably, those who blamed those 4 losses on Manning's in game coaching believe we would have won each of those games with good in game coaching.

We cannot deny that is a decent to good recruiter. Player development is good but basketball IQ does seem like it is hit or miss. In game coaching is really weak because I and others think that he is too quick to bench players due to fouls, or plays an odd line up with Childress and Mitch. Until tonight, that was a recipe for disaster.

We lost those games. And once again this year the losses are piling up.

Because our talent level is low. If he's such a shit coach, how come the computers have us ranked so highly?

My bad, the computers only count if the support your Danny sucks mantra.

We cannot deny that is a decent to good recruiter. Player development is good but basketball IQ does seem like it is hit or miss. In game coaching is really weak because I and others think that he is too quick to bench players due to fouls, or plays an odd line up with Childress and Mitch. Until tonight, that was a recipe for disaster.

Plenty of people have been denying it.

And if we really have top 25 talent then Manning is an elite recruiter and should be given credit as such.

I am surprised to learn that your numerous posts on this thread do not constitute an argument.

Oh they do. My current argument is to point out that the prevailing board opinion leads to the conclusion that but for Manning's shitty in game coaching we would be a top 20 team despite shitty recruiting on paper.

Feel free to counter that argument.

I'll go with "yes it's reasonable to presume that people who blame a loss on in game coaching believe that better in game coaching would have resulted in a win," since none of you seem willing to back up your brilliantly reasoned position.

So let's pretend we fired Manning after the Villanova embarrassment and hired a good in game coach. Those 4 losses change to wins and we are now 14-3 (3-2) and safely in the top 25.

That must mean we have top 25 talent. Does anyone on here believe we are one of the 25 most talented teams in the country?

Didn't watch game, looks like we win if Dinos or Collins played better. Why'd Collins get 20 minutes if he only had 3 fouls? They all come early?

Back