• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Another half like that, and I'm out on DM. At some point, it's fucking Liberty.

It’ll be interesting to see if Wellman does a “all is well” press tour like he did with buzz.

Honest question, what is this team missing player wise to be competitive?

I hate to say this with it being so early in the season, but the Drake and UNCG games could very well define the rest of the season.

I hate to say this with it being so early in the season, but the Drake and UNCG games could very well define the rest of the season.

Shooters and distributors. The defense is coaching.

We are 0-2 for the first time in 30 some years. The season has been defined.

Shooters and distributors. The defense is coaching.

I can understand a talent gap when shooters and distributors are missing. On the other hand, I have always heard that defense iscoaching to understand situations, and rebounding it player effort. If those hold true, then we are missing ball talent for shooters/distributors, coaching for defense, and player effort for rebounding... that is a lot to overcome.

It sounds like Manning is set on "four guards" this season, as he even mentioned it again in the post game press conference. It would be one thing if we were talking about multiple 6'4" / 6'5" athletes; but all four are pretty short, and outside of Crawford, very limited athletically. Manning acts like he is being forced to play the four guards so much; however, there are 7 scholarship (incl Okeke) players that are 6'7" and taller on the roster. Manning's rep is of a developer of big men. Well, it's about time we see some of these guys developing and playing.

Last edited:
It sounds like Manning is set on "four guards" this season, as he even mentioned it again in the post game press conference. It would be one thing if we were talking about multiple 6'4" / 6'5" athletes; but all four are pretty short, and outside of Crawford, very limited athletically. Manning acts like he is being forced to play the four guards so much; however, there are 7 scholarship (incl Okeke) players that are 6'7" and taller on the roster. Manning's rep is of a developer of big men. Well, it's about time we seem some of these guys developing and playing.

That’s my thing. He’s supposed to be a great big man coach yet we don’t have a single good big on the roster.

That’s my thing. He’s supposed to be a great big man coach yet we don’t have a single good big on the roster.

Moore is the only one of those bigs that Manning has coached for more than 16 months. 2 of the 3 bigs who would have been on this roster are playing pro ball right now.

It sounds like Manning is set on "four guards" this season, as he even mentioned it again in the post game press conference. It would be one thing if we were talking about multiple 6'4" / 6'5" athletes; but all four are pretty short, and outside of Crawford, very limited athletically. Manning acts like he is being forced to play the four guards so much; however, there are 7 scholarship (incl Okeke) players that are 6'7" and taller on the roster. Manning's rep is of a developer of big men. Well, it's about time we see some of these guys developing and playing.

This x 10!

Moore is the only one of those bigs that Manning has coached for more than 16 months. 2 of the 3 bigs who would have been on this roster are playing pro ball right now.

He should barely need preseason to develop bigs good enough to beat liberty.

Back