• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

We play at a faster pace than a lot of ACC teams. Of course it's silly to look at raw rebounding numbers.

"What's your next failed excuse?" Oh, the irony is thick.

Bottom line is in the last 3 classes (2016, 17, 18) Manning has either struck out on top bigs or hasn't really valued bigs as much as he should. Still early on Sarr, so we will see.

There you go changing the goal posts again when you lose the discussion.

The POINT of the discussion was that it is false to say that doesn't coach rebounding well. Regardless if you use raw numbers or the numbers you used, Wake's rebounding outperformed our results in each of the last three years. Thus, in any rational definition it was a strength of our team. It helped us do better than most other aspects of our team's game. Unless it was by divine intervention, Danny has taught/coached rebounding well.

Where are you going to change the goal posts to next rather than being an adult and admitting you are wrong.

Poor defensive teams are typically poor rebounding teams. Because most rebounding is on the defensive end, and if your opponent shoots a high percentage then you don't even get as many chances at defensive rebounds.

Poor defensive teams are typically poor rebounding teams. Because most rebounding is on the defensive end, and if your opponent shoots a high percentage then you don't even get as many chances at defensive rebounds.

However in both total rebounds and rebounding rate, Wake outperformed its league standings in those numbers.

It's logical and reasonable to say many things about Danny's results. Not being able to teach or coach rebounding is clearly not one of them.

Meh. 1% difference between us and Villanova at #43. The stat is "better" in theory but it does a horrible job of identifying disparity. We were a solid rebounding team last year.

Oh boy, here comes another DeacDaddy lecture on everyone's opinions having value. All thoughts are beautiful snowflakes, etc.

On the contrary, I welcome your opinion. The snowflakes are the ones who have a hard time allowing for others’ to be stated. RC107 just laid out exactly what views he will and won’t hear. Okay. You guys defend your takes and I’ll defend mine. Reading said defenses when we lose to the likes of Drake is part of what makes a lousy start to the season more entertaining.

This is a board full of differing opinions. In fact, designed for such. I realize it’s been hard for you guys to accept that.

On the contrary, I welcome your opinion. The snowflakes are the ones who have a hard time allowing for others’ to be stated. RC107 just laid out exactly what views he will and won’t hear. Okay. You guys defend your takes and I’ll defend mine. Reading said defenses when we lose to the likes of Drake is part of what makes a lousy start to the season more entertaining.

This is a board full of differing opinions. In fact, designed for such. I realize it’s been hard for you guys to accept that.

I’ll hear any views, but if yours is wrong I’ll let you know. I realize it’s been hard for you and others to accept that when there are two differing opinions at least one of them is wrong.

I’ll hear any views, but if yours is wrong I’ll let you know. PpI realize it’s been hard for you and others to accept that when there are two differing opinions at least one of them is wrong.

"...but if yours is wrong I'll let you know". LOL

I’ll hear any views, but if yours is wrong I’ll let you know. I realize it’s been hard for you and others to accept that when there are two differing opinions at least one of them is wrong.

No, according to you the jury is still out. So you do not know if I’m wrong. And neither do I. But my prediction is that we will never win an ACC Championship under Danny. This is my opinion, my speculation, based on what I’ve seen. And for some reason it eats you up, obsessively so. Okay, you differ and tell me I’m wrong. Got it! I don’t think I will be proven wrong. We will see. You can keep telling me I’m wrong. I will still hold to my view. It’s all good. Except for our team right now.

Would love for Manning to prove me wrong. Would love it!

Peace, Deacs.

No, according to you the jury is still out. So you do not know if I’m wrong. And neither do I. But my prediction is that we will never win an ACC Championship under Danny. This is my opinion, my speculation, based on what I’ve seen. And for some reason it eats you up, obsessively so. Okay, you differ and tell me I’m wrong. Got it! I don’t think I will be proven wrong. We will see. You can keep telling me I’m wrong. I will still hold to my view. It’s all good. Except for our team right now.

Would love for Manning to prove me wrong. Would love it!

Peace, Deacs.

Dude what are you even talking about? Speculate all you want, just admit that’s what you are doing.

And why would anyone have a problem with that? Who is telling you you are wrong?
Ha. You’ve strangely had a problem with it for a season and a half, and have said so in this thread just recently. Like it’s your mission to shut down my viewpoint because you think it lacks sufficient data to possess merit. Haven’t understood that tack, don’t need to. Have certainly found your strong drive to prove naysayers wrong rather funny. Maybe something else going on there with you.

We don’t speak the same language. Maybe we never will, until one of us is definitively proven incorrect. I.e., Manning finally wins an ACC Championship or makes some Sweet Sixteens, or he’s eventually shown the door. That outcome could be awhile. I obviously thin it will be the latter; you aren’t sure yet. But having a venue to debate which of those is more likely to come to pass is why I’ve loved various iterations of these boards for nearly two decades.

You’re a good arguer - I’d like to see you take on a common opponent. Is there another Tobacco Road fanbase that has really been getting under your skin lately? Let ‘em have it!

Ha. You’ve strangely had a problem with it for a season and a half, and have said so in this thread just recently. Like it’s your mission to shut down my viewpoint because you think it lacks sufficient data to possess merit. Haven’t understood that tack, don’t need to. Have certainly found your strong drive to prove naysayers wrong rather funny. Maybe something else going on there with you.

We don’t speak the same language. Maybe we never will, until one of us is definitively proven incorrect. I.e., Manning finally wins an ACC Championship or makes some Sweet Sixteens, or he’s eventually shown the door. That outcome could be awhile. I obviously thin it will be the latter; you aren’t sure yet. But having a venue to debate which of those is more likely to come to pass is why I’ve loved various iterations of these boards for nearly two decades.

You’re a good arguer - I’d like to see you take on a common opponent. Is there another Tobacco Road fanbase that has really been getting under your skin lately? Let ‘em have it!

Yeah I think maybe you just don’t understand what a debate is. I have an opinion that differs from yours. I obviously think my opinion is right or I wouldn’t have that opinion. I’ve argued for my opinion and this against yours. I’m not sure that constitutes a “mission to shut your viewpoint down” but whatever.

The sky is falling Manningouters were proven wrong, or at least premature last year; I hope the same holds true this year as well. We won’t really know one way or the other until March 2019.

Last edited:
Back