• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

I'll say this about DM - he's a stubborn SOB to lose 4 non conf games for no apparent reason other than to continue to trot out that damn 4 guard line up.

I guess better late than never.

.500 :thumbsup:

Back to .500 is good. We looked really good today against an obvious out matched team. We should have 3 more easy wins before Tennessee comes to town followed by a road trip to Chapel Hill.

I have to say, Moore looks good. Yet another big man to really emerge under Manning. I love it, can’t help it. Not sure why the guards were so bad early in the season. I like Manning, he is good for Wake. Game day coaching is average, but improving (hopefully).

I have to say, Moore looks good. Yet another big man to really emerge under Manning. I love it, can’t help it. Not sure why the guards were so bad early in the season. I like Manning, he is good for Wake. Game day coaching is average, but improving (hopefully).

Conference play will tell us a lot.

Guards may have been bad since they were not used to playing power forward.

Looks like that experiment is over.

Not 1 minute of 4-guard lineup. Looking like a basketball team and a coach again.

Better late than never.

Well we literally couldn't run the 4-guard lineup because Chill didn't play today, but yeahhhh get your point.

Well we literally couldn't run the 4-guard lineup because Chill didn't play today, but yeahhhh get your point.

Couldn't watch the second half. Did Crawford, Wilbekin, Woods, and Chaundee play together at all? That's four guard for my money and also a lineup we should not see.

Couldn't watch the second half. Did Crawford, Wilbekin, Woods, and Chaundee play together at all? That's four guard for my money and also a lineup we should not see.

Ummm don't recall off the top of my head. There were some odd lineups getting Mitchell and Melo in there. I'm guessing they played together at least some because Moore sat for a good portion of the second half.

HUH? We could have played Craw, Wilbekin, Key and Chaundee.

They were on the court for a few minutes in the second half. Moore, Thompson, Mitchell, Sarr, Okeke and SJM account for 75 minutes. Mitchell's play is making me a believer. He can shoot and is active on D. He and Thompson combined for 9 defensive rebounds (ten total) in 32 minutes. Need that production consistently. Thirteen points combined as well.

With Chill out still now sure we can say the 4 guard offense is dead.

Are you suggesting we take more than 5 games into account when arguing whether our coach is credible or not?
When some of those games are losses to Georgia Southern, Liberty, and Drake, are you suggesting we shouldn’t?

If Doral continues his improvement any big man with NBA dreams should have Wake Forest at the top of his list.

Well...

The Deacs are at 4-4 with the 4 losses being the following:

- 30 point beat down at Arkansas.
- DM pulling his best Chris Webber imitation to lose at home to Iona.
- The loss to Delaware State might be the worst loss in school history.... Yes, worse than Stetson.
- Down 1 pt to Minnesota at the half turns into 12 pts down in the first 3 minutes of the second with 3 time-outs burned.

We are 8 games in to the season and already there have been 4 fiascoes. I want to give DM the benefit of the doubt but after tonight I am putting his credibility on watch.

Since we're 4-4 again, interesting to quote the post that started this thread in 2014.

Illinois win was impressive so let's hope we've begun to dig out of the hole. Still so ridiculous that there was a hole this deep to escape from to begin with. Eight games in and... only three fiascoes.

They were on the court for a few minutes in the second half. Moore, Thompson, Mitchell, Sarr, Okeke and SJM account for 75 minutes. Mitchell's play is making me a believer. He can shoot and is active on D. He and Thompson combined for 9 defensive rebounds (ten total) in 32 minutes. Need that production consistently. Thirteen points combined as well.

Yep about Mitchell and he's very athletic. A little bit of strength and some more confidence would be key.

Back