• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

That can't be true. That would mean that the rage expressed over our inbounds plays in game threads was irrational.

Last edited:
That can't be true. That would mean that the rage expressed over our inbound plays in game threads was irrational.

14th nationally in out-of-bounds (end plays) as far as points per possession in 2017.
6th nationally in out-of-bounds (side plays) as far as points per possession in 2017.

Pretty strong so far for sure.

14th nationally in out-of-bounds (end plays) as far as points per possession in 2017.
6th nationally in out-of-bounds (side plays) as far as points per possession in 2017.

Pretty strong so far for sure.

I don’t know. I’m still skeptical that Manning actually knows what he’s doing when it comes to out of bounds plays. How do we know our players didn’t show up at Wake already knowing how to execute great out of bounds plays? And John Collins was in the huddle for two years of out of bounds plays so those don’t count.

So, the numbers only matter to you if they "prove" your preconceived notions.

The OOB plays were not all to JC. Plus, JC only played 14.4 mpg as a frosh.

If there ever was proof that a name coach with a winning track record is worth going after just look at Jamie Dixon at TCU. TCU was going no where fast and a horrible hoops history. He's taken nothing and turned it into a top 15 team in 14 months.

I'm not saying we could have hired Dixon, it just goes to show what an established coach can do quickly.

We're currently at #63 on kenpom. Here are the rankings of teams that we have played so far.

Georgia Southern (L) - #83
Liberty (L) - #147
Drake (L) - #179
Quinnipiac (W) - #313
Houston (L) - #44
UNCG (W) - #100
Illinois (W) - #91
Richmond (W) - #223
Charlotte (W) - #271
Army (W) - #165

and the remainder of our OOC

Coastal Carolina - #175
Tennessee - #23

Seriously, you think players at UNC-G could even get into Wake? Recruiting at Wake is a little tougher than Wes has to deal with right now

Honestly, the team went from far worse than I expected to a bit better. I did not expect three straight blow outs here. Obviously Moore has a lot to do with that.

Manning didn't trust his players first theee games. Thought he could rely on his veteran players alone against inferior competition. He got burned.

Just keep hating on the son of our biggest basketball donor. Wellman did so too. Kid won a national title for our rival. Today he coached a southern conference team to a road win on Tobacco Road. We are an ACC school and have done that once in the last decade. So keep hating.

Back