• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

You are such a pathetic liar....

You are not intelligent when it comes to online forums. Or social media. Or...anything online.

Either educate yourself and maybe slow your roll about accusing people of things with no basis what-so-ever. You just make yourself look maniacal and foolish.

(this was genuine friendly advice -- I don't like you, but this was genuine advice that I think you should really think about.)

No big loss. All you've EVER wanted to do was start fights with me and be a jackass EVERY time. Now, when you are treated partially the same way you have treated me for years and cry like a little baby.

You chose the way we interact, not me. You chose 100% arrogance and snark, not me.

It never had to be that way. But you enjoyed acting falsely superior. Now, you get some of it back.

It doesn't have to be that way tomorrow, but you would choose to continue. You have chosen over and over and over to make it adversarial and combative. I didn't. You did.

It's 100% your call.

f5FeDgP.gif

On an unrelated note, I just got back from the game, and Leonard Hamilton is fucking terrifying. I would lose 2 or 3 minutes of game time at a stretch watching him scowl. He literally never says anything; he just sits there with his arms folded, looking as if he is contemplating the easiest manner to straight up murder everyone in the building.

Geez y'all. Just enjoy the damn win. We know the same problems with this team exist and Manning isn't credible. But just enjoy winning for once.

It’s a win. Just enjoy it. Don’t see the point in mocking it. It doesn’t do anything to change anyone’s perception of Manning. It just means I don’t hate myself for a few hours.

Why care about Wake basketball anymore?

I'm honestly curious. My rabid fandom has been stripped from me over these last 8 years. Why would you continue to emotionally invest in this product when it is so obviously shit? At least shit more times than it is not.

I broke free after loving Deacs basketball for multiple decades including childhood, so I can assume anyone can.

I'm not being cynical here as I am genuinely curious as to what it is that keeps you so emotionally invested. Thanks in advance.

Either educate yourself and maybe slow your roll about accusing people of things with no basis what-so-ever. You just make yourself look maniacal and foolish.

(this was genuine friendly advice -- I don't like you, but this was genuine advice that I think you should really think about.)

I tried this last week. He doesn't listen. Someone gave me rep that read: "you're trying to reason with a child" and it turns out they were right.

You are not intelligent when it comes to online forums. Or social media. Or...anything online.

Like when you repeatedly post things like "you'll die alone" and worse... I should sit back and let you act so "maturely" and such "online intelligence". This is one of the rare times I've responded to you in a while, yet you go after me multiple times a month.

Ayo has rarely, if ever, even tried to have a civil or fun conversation with me. It's really easy to do. But neither you nor he have any interest in doing do.

It would be much better for everyone if you guys did, but you have no interest in trying. Hell, there were at least times on the old board where I thought we had a peace treaty. I was wrong each time. It never took you more than two days to go back to your old self.

I've always been willing to try, but you've never kept your word about it and then blamed me for your behavior.

Rick, this internet war is just boring. As I've said before, at least for me, it's laborious and a total waste of time. And you guys who keep "prodding the bear"are just as guilty. PLease give the rest of us a break

I'm honestly curious. My rabid fandom has been stripped from me over these last 8 years. Why would you continue to emotionally invest in this product when it is so obviously shit? At least shit more times than it is not.

I broke free after loving Deacs basketball for multiple decades including childhood, so I can assume anyone can.

I'm not being cynical here as I am genuinely curious as to what it is that keeps you so emotionally invested. Thanks in advance.

You’re still a Cowboys fan.

Presuming he's male and doesn't live in Texas, that's weird in its own right.

No offense, but I think you are full of shit.

You obviously care, or you wouldn’t still post here. Or at least not as often as you do. Or not on the hoops threads.

What I think is weird is when people draw enjoyment from advertising their apathy like they’ve reached some greater level of awareness.

I’m a Wake Forest basketball fan. I hate when we suck and I think I manage to stay somewhat realistic about where we are at while still trying to be optimistic.

I am a fan of a lot of things... UF athletics, the Toronto Blue Jays, the New York Jets... But WF athletics are the only thing I care enough about to actually post on an online forum.

In terms of being emotionally invested in the outcome of every game... That’s definitely weakened over the last 8 years. I just play it up because I think it’s funny / self-deprecating. I don’t really hate myself when we lose. Not for too long, anyway.

You two are saying the same thing. Where I disagree is I think we can fix it. There are only a couple hundred of us that care enough. There was a post above talks about how Ron has ruined Wake hoops (obvious) but has convinced the wealthy donors he’s right.

I’m here to tell you that is wrong. I know the top donors. They are my clients and friends of course. They hate Ron for this as much as we do. We need to make a concerted effort to topple him. They will join in.

If someone will gather addresses for the current Board of Trustees, let’s pen a letter that can get wide support from a hundred or so of us. That will be a tough pill for them.

Like when you repeatedly post things like "you'll die alone" and worse... I should sit back and let you act so "maturely" and such "online intelligence". This is one of the rare times I've responded to you in a while, yet you go after me multiple times a month.

Ayo has rarely, if ever, even tried to have a civil or fun conversation with me. It's really easy to do. But neither you nor he have any interest in doing do.

It would be much better for everyone if you guys did, but you have no interest in trying. Hell, there were at least times on the old board where I thought we had a peace treaty. I was wrong each time. It never took you more than two days to go back to your old self.

I've always been willing to try, but you've never kept your word about it and then blamed me for your behavior.

Take it to PM. No one wants to read about your butt hurt.

You’re still a Cowboys fan.

Cowboys won their division two seasons ago

Cowboys haven't played for a conference championship since 1995-96 season

teams that have appeared in a conference championship game (or 2, or 10 or more) since the Cowboys last did:

49ers
Bears
Broncos
Buccaneers
Cardinals
Chargers
Colts
Eagles
Falcons
Giants
Jaguars
Jets
Packers
Panthers
Patriots
Raiders
Rams
Ravens
Saints
Seahawks
Steelers
Titans
Vikings

Last edited:
If I got to pick between DV7 and RJ to stay and the other leave, I'd 100% pick RJ to stay.

Back