• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

lol at our usual offensive sets in crunch time. Typical garbage. Once again, the opposition closes on a significant run. This was a 12-4 run I believe.

Actually one of our better finishes. Many games this year we don't score at all in crunch time. I am beginning to see that progress the Manning guys are talking about.

You mean college players don’t bet on their own games??

I guess its a good thing our guys get their $70K per year cost of attendance covered, otherwise they might be tempted to put money on the other team every game. Just think, you can lose for 4 years and make $280,000 dollars, not a bad investment for doing nothing illegal. Especially for a 17-21 year old.

We were down 4 with 1:30 left and DM didn’t call a timeout to set up a play and discuss strategy. He didn’t call a TO until it was too late. Saving them, I guess. And we allowed Clemson to inbound the ball to their best foul shooter with no double team to prevent him from getting the ball. And we fouled him on shots 4 times. We have a bonehead coach.

Agree. Can't believe we had 3 timeouts in our pocket and Manning allows Crawford to launch a 25 footer with 18 left on the shot clock with 1:30 left on the game clock.

I was including opposing fan bases in “opponents.” You’re such an annoyance.

Lol it was a joke. Making fun of 22 for starting a thread questioning if our players had money on the games. Sorry you’re so sensitive though

(I’m not sure he’d know what to do if he called TO). I saw a bad 3 from Woods, paint touch for Doral, good three from woods (missed), bunch of hero ball from Craw and an inexplicable long 2 from Childress. Only 1-2 good looks in last 10 possesions

If you are at the games, watch during timeouts. Our players are almost always back out on the court way before the buzzer sounds to call the players in. The other team consistently stays in the huddle, talking to the coach (or being talked at). Our guys, meanwhile, are strolling around on the court.

I noticed this a few games ago, and now I watch every timeout. It is almost every single time. I guess DM just runs out of stuff to say. Or our guys are so solid they don’t need the coaching.

If you are at the games, watch during timeouts. Our players are almost always back out on the court way before the buzzer sounds to call the players in. The other team consistently stays in the huddle, talking to the coach (or being talked at). Our guys, meanwhile, are strolling around on the court.

I noticed this a few games ago, and now I watch every timeout. It is almost every single time. I guess DM just runs out of stuff to say. Or our guys are so solid they don’t need the coaching.

Mentioned this a while back. I was at the Tennessee game and our guys were consistently out of the huddle during timeouts minutes before the Vols were. Just standing around waiting for play to start back up. Guess he just doesn’t have much to tell them. It shows.

Yeah, because all of your posts ooze with jokes...

Actually I fuck with you all a pretty good amount because you’re all so sensitive. It’s entertaining.

There was an entire thread started by 22 stating that he and some of his pals had discussed the possibility of our players putting money on our games and blowing leads on purpose. Hence, the joke. Seriously, some of you need to lighten up every now and then. It has to be exhausting being so defensive and grumpy.

Agree. Can't believe we had 3 timeouts in our pocket and Manning allows Crawford to launch a 25 footer with 18 left on the shot clock with 1:30 left on the game clock.

Said the same thing. Not sure what he was saving them for.

Manning needs to go. He’s again taking a team which should make the NIT and coaching it to a 10 win season. He’s the worst late game strategist I’ve ever seen in the ACC. I’ll bet he gets in huddles during timeouts and says almost nothing. The players are having to coach themselves.

Manning needs to go. He’s again taking a team which should make the NIT and coaching it to a 10 win season. He’s the worst late game strategist I’ve ever seen in the ACC. I’ll bet he gets in huddles during timeouts and says almost nothing. The players are having to coach themselves.

His team is ranked exactly where Skip/Dino would have this team. If Manning had followed either I would agree he needs to go, he didn’t.

Whatever. Skip would have this team at least on the NCAA bubble. Have you forgotten how skillfully he got through to Josh Howard? That's what WF needs above all in its head coach - an ability to motivate players to keep getting better and perform at their best. We haven't had that since he died.

No way in hell we lose to Drake or Liberty with Skip coaching. No way we lose to those teams with 95 percent of the other coaches in D1 coaching

Back