• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

If Ron didn't do much to protect Wake against a downward spiral based on one "decent-to-above average" season, sheeeeeesh

Wellman hired [Redacted] and Manning, and extended them both, keeping them around well past it was obvious they weren't capable. And he screwed up the whole Gaudio situation on the front end and back end. There's zero reason to expect he did a good job on Manning's extension.

Fire Danny
Let Ernie coach out the season
Hire Wes Miller

cd8503e792e01cfc863cc625f256782b.gif

TOILETS

If Manning coaches at WF through 2024, the basketball program will have to shut down. And Wellman will need a bodyguard.

Nah, Shah et al. don't care if we win. As long as they have the Admin fawning over them, they don't give a shit about our record.

It hurts me to write this but Randolph Childress must be a dogshit coach too. He's the common thread (besides Wellman) on the two worst coaching staffs in our history.

It hurts me to write this but Randolph Childress must be a dogshit coach too. He's the common thread (besides Wellman) on the two worst coaching staffs in our history.

Yep. I’ve been saying this the past couple of seasons.

The truly depressing part isn't Manning's continued utter lack of credibility as a promising head coach. It sucks, but I think (aside from the pathologically obstinate RChill and a few others) most of us accepted that long ago; rather it's that Wellman will most likely be selecting the next head coach. I shudder to think who he'll come up with next.

Danny isn't going anywhere, especially mid-season. This year will have to be disastrous for us to fire him after the season, which is easily could be.

Danny isn't going anywhere, especially mid-season. This year will have to be disastrous for us to fire him after the season, which is easily could be.

Its already a disaster. Cut the cord and save the program. We have cancer and we are refusing chemo. Don't be the girl from A Million Little Things. We have something to live for. Get the chemo, kill the cancer.

Its already a disaster. Cut the cord and save the program. We have cancer and we are refusing chemo. Don't be the girl from A Million Little Things. We have something to live for. Get the chemo, kill the cancer.

Agreed. I highly doubt Danny has another miracle and it's time to move on. However, we won't and Danny will be our coach the rest of this season and possible a few years more.

The sad thing is this team has some talent.

The 3 freshmen are pretty damn good. I would love to see this team with a competent coach for a whole year.

It is a damn crime that Manning was not let go last year. This team could have been fun to watch.

Agreed. I highly doubt Danny has another miracle and it's time to move on. However, we won't and Danny will be our coach the rest of this season and possible a few years more.

Would have been better if coach had just bribed some players so we could move on.

If Danny gets to ride the team bus back from SC, I'm all for chipping in to send a message. Toilets to the Joel? How many would it take for Ron Wellman to be forced to do the right thing and fire this loser? Do we have 100 fans left determined enough to see Wake Forest Basketball climb out of the dumpster?

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if the Athletic Department won't do the right thing on their own, then their hand needs to be forced. Hell my old roommate is a partner at HIG Capital, the largest competition/bigger than Mit Shah's PE firm in Atlanta. I'm sure phone calls could be made to the right people.

Back