• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

If Danny gets to ride the team bus back from SC, I'm all for chipping in to send a message. Toilets to the Joel? How many would it take for Ron Wellman to be forced to do the right thing and fire this loser? Do we have 100 fans left determined enough to see Wake Forest Basketball climb out of the dumpster?

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if the Athletic Department won't do the right thing on their own, then their hand needs to be forced. Hell my old roommate is a partner at HIG Capital, the largest competition/bigger than Mit Shah's PE firm in Atlanta. I'm sure phone calls could be made to the right people.

Think it might be time to start the fire Danny billboard thread.

It hurts me to write this but Randolph Childress must be a dogshit coach too. He's the common thread (besides Wellman) on the two worst coaching staffs in our history.

Haven’t you seen him on the bench suffering through the past 8 years of misery? But he has had two crappy mentors, for sure. Think about how bad it would have been the past few years without the players Chill recruited.

how is there not a fire danny manning thread yet? the fans must step up since our AD won't.

Has there ever been a coach to put together such a poor record through 4 plus years who turned it around? And the eye test will tell you that Danny Manning's one of the worst bench coaches in the history of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

The sad thing is this team has some talent.

The 3 freshmen are pretty damn good. I would love to see this team with a competent coach for a whole year.

It is a damn crime that Manning was not let go last year. This team could have been fun to watch.

So much this. Can you imagine if these three freshmen got to play with more juniors and seniors? Can you imagine if we had a new coach to recruit a class to play with them?

I wish these guys didn’t have to carry the load they have to carry. Those three would complement so many of our past teams. But they shouldn’t have to shoulder the load. Sadly we can’t depend on the rest of the roster to create offense or hit shots.

So much this. Can you imagine if these three freshmen got to play with more juniors and seniors? Can you imagine if we had a new coach to recruit a class to play with them?

I wish these guys didn’t have to carry the load they have to carry. Those three would complement so many of our past teams. But they shouldn’t have to shoulder the load. Sadly we can’t depend on the rest of the roster to create offense or hit shots.

This.

Clawson has managed to get the team on the cusp of another bowl bid. With all the shit the team has went through this year.......that's fucking coaching. I realize that Danny has lost a lot from last year but when does it end? Every year it's the same shit. Tired of watching lackluster defense, tired of the transfers, tired of lackluster crowds because Wake sucks, tired of it all.

I will still support the kids and try to go to a few games but whenever the link comes up to fund another billboard or pay for a fucking hot air balloon over Winston, count me the fuck in. Wake Forest basketball may not be a blue blood, but it damn sure doesn't deserve to be this fucking shitty. Done with Danny!!!

Remember when basketball was one of Wake's marquee programs?

teepublic_funny-south-park-member-berries-t-shirt_1481604130.full.png

DM could somewhat legitimately claim a lack of athleticism as some excuse for the defensive lapses last season; but this team is sufficiently athletic to guard all over the floor. For a guy who claims to emphasize defense, his teams are utterly miserable on defense.

Manning showed again today that he simply does not know the rules. We are paying a man a million bucks to coach our basketball program who can’t recruit, can’t coach, and doesn’t know the rules.

He took the first timeout of the 2nd half. By rule it becomes a full even if you take a .30. The official approached him as he must and says “30?” Manning looks very confused. After a long pause, Ernie steps in and says “Yes, we take a 30.”

We are complete morons to be paying this guy to coach our team. Why didn’t we hire Wes like I said to do 8 years ago? Now everyone wants him? I told you back then it would be too late if we waited. I’m afraid it is.

Back