• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Capel is a nobody.

Currie has to try to hit a HR. Everything is incumbent on our who our next coach is.

By tying Brandon's status for next year to the coaching staff, there is an incorrect implication that the coaching staff has some influence on Brandon's status, when it doesn't.

Brandon, like the best three point shooter on the team, Andrien White and team Methuselah Torry Johnson, will all use up their eligibility at the end of this season and presumably graduate from Wake.

Like many teams, Wake will need to find new player leadership for 2020-2021.

That's not what I said.

I said a combination of:

-Danny being fired
-His staff not being retained
-The current leader of the team, BChill, being gone

would cause more players to lean toward leaving than staying. Nothing about Brandon's status being tied to the coaching staff staying.

By tying Brandon's status for next year to the coaching staff, there is an incorrect implication that the coaching staff has some influence on Brandon's status, when it doesn't.

Brandon, like the best three point shooter on the team, Andrien White and team Methuselah Torry Johnson, will all use up their eligibility at the end of this season and presumably graduate from Wake.

Like many teams, Wake will need to find new player leadership for 2020-2021.

I'm not sure I've seen any indication of who might step forward next year. Both Sarr and Brown seem to be less vocal; maybe they show more in the locker room.

The staff is not going to be retained unless we get a shit coach.

Brandon leaving has little to no impact on who is returning. Plus, Neath is better than Brandon anyway.

Brandon leaving has little to no impact on who is returning. Plus, Neath is better than Brandon anyway.
So, we keep this staff if we have to get Wes Miller.
Gotcha.

It's about him being the leader of the team, not his ability as a player.

If the team captain leaving happened by itself, sure it wouldn't have an impact.

If it happens in tandem with entire coaching staff turnover, I think it would have some level of impact.

RJ and Deaconblue trying to out-dumb each other is truly entertaining.

Brandon leaving has little to no impact on who is returning.

And you know that how? If you watched the Duke game you know that Brandon is clearly the emotional leader of this team, and certainly well-liked by his teammates. Plenty of people leave their jobs when their boss that recruited them and their favorite co-worker leave simultaneously. This really isn't that different.

It's about him being the leader of the team, not his ability as a player.

If the team captain leaving happened by itself, sure it wouldn't have an impact.

If it happens in tandem with entire coaching staff turnover, I think it would have some level of impact.

Everyone knew he was leaving anyway. If anything those who wanted to replace him as team leader will like getting a new coach.

No decent coach would accept keeping the staff as a condition of being hired after a firing.

If your coach is fired, none of his staff is retained, + your team leader is gone (who's dad would no longer be with the team) I have a hard time believing a lot of people will choose to stay.

Maybe, but Brown and Sarr probably have NBA aspirations and the alternatives to staying, other than jumping directly to the NBA which currently has a low probability of being successful, probably make that aspiration harder to achieve. Getting into the NBA from professional leagues in Europe is an unlikely path, transferring to a new school (unless you have enough credits to graduate) delays your NBA chances by a year which sucks for the youth obsessed NBS draft. As rising seniors, their options are limited and not particularly good. Neath, Massoud, and Muscius, would definitely consider transfering and I bet a few of our recruits will look elsewhere.

Maybe, but Brown and Sarr probably have NBA aspirations and the alternatives to staying, other than jumping directly to the NBA which currently has a low probability of being successful, probably make that aspiration harder to achieve. Getting into the NBA from professional leagues in Europe is an unlikely path, transferring to a new school (unless you have enough credits to graduate) delays your NBA chances by a year which sucks for the youth obsessed NBS draft. As rising seniors, their options are limited and not particularly good. Neath, Massoud, and Muscius, would definitely consider transfering and I bet a few of our recruits will look elsewhere.

I agree with this, but it would also be difficult to get to the NBA if your team sucks in the scenario you're one of 2-3 people staying.

I will say that the scenario in my head assumes they'll have enough credits to grad transfer, which might be a bad assumption to make. Who knows.

If your coach is fired, none of his staff is retained, + your team leader is gone (who's dad would no longer be with the team) I have a hard time believing a lot of people will choose to stay.

Depends on many factors. Players have to finish the semester so the new staff will definitely have a chance to meet the players and make an impression. If it is an attractive hire the kids might get fired up. Ultimately kids make the decision they think is best for them. If the new staff is strong and the kid thinks he will get minutes he is likely to stay.

Brown won’t be drafted so he may as well return. If Sarr dreams of playing in the NBA he will stay. If he just wants to go home he will sign with a French pro team. I hope we can keep the younger guys- Mucius, Neath, Ody, Massoud. Those 4 are solid.

10 point loss to the last place team. Can we stop the “has he saved his job” talk?

Back