• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Yeah, even if we make a home run hire and end up in a much better place a few seasons from now, there will still be a large part of me that wants to go over to Ron Wellman's house and take a dump on his welcome mat.

I'm not, by nature, an angry person... But I'll always feel shitty about how the last few years have been handled. That's sad.

Exactly how I feel. Have gone well past anger to just laughing at the incompetence from the AD.

At this point, how many people will ever feel the way they did about Wake Basketball? I believe that ship has sailed forever.

That ship isn't gone forever. A new coach who is Skip Prosser-esque, two good recruiting classes, finish in top half of ACC, make noise in NCAA tournament and the crowds will be back. Many just need some reason to have hope.

I'm over here all fired up for a coaching search that includes Beilein, Pitino, Matta, Smart, Anthony Grant, etc...

Instead, we'll probably get Russell Turner, Chris Mooney, and Earl Grant.

Anthony Grant not leaving Dayton.

I am all in for B-Line.

Curry has shown zero positives as an AD. Terrible hire. A Wellman clone.

Last edited:
We need someone young and exciting. I’ll settle for someone who is just exciting. Get people to care again.

I still dream of Currie having some previously unknown tie to Gregg Marshall from his time in Kansas that will allow him to lure Marshall here, despite WSU's current success and Wake's status as a dumpster fire. My rationalization is Marshall will soon be 57 and has been at WSU 13 years, so maybe now is finally the right time for him to jump to the ACC for his last gig.

I love to watch Marshall's teams play. He is the anti-Shaka.

Exactly how I feel. Have gone well past anger to just laughing at the incompetence from the AD.

At this point, how many people will ever feel the way they did about Wake Basketball? I believe that ship has sailed forever.

yep
all the memories have a black cloud over them. wellman said fuck you to the fan base for a decade. that's a long time. i guess if there was a home run hire and wake won the national title all would be forgotten. i don't think first round tourney exits will cleanse the shit that has been rammed down our throats for a decade.

yep
all the memories have a black cloud over them. wellman said fuck you to the fan base for a decade. that's a long time. i guess if there was a home run hire and wake won the national title all would be forgotten. i don't think first round tourney exits will cleanse the shit that has been rammed down our throats for a decade.

I just cannot imagine caring as much as I used to. I will still watch or record and watch later if inconvenient in the future, but I would be shocked if that passion ever came back.

How many potential fans never became fans in those formative years. It is so crazy that there is a street named after a guy who destroyed the program. Only at Wake..

It's going to take a National Championship to wipe away the stench of the last, lost decade.

I'm a 12 handicap and have a better chance of winning the US Open this year than this current regime winning a national championship.

Anthony Grant not leaving Dayton.

I am all in for B-Line.

Curry has show zero positives as an AD. Terrible hire. A Wellman clone.

I see Currie out at Wake Forest events more than I saw Wellman. I think Wellman only went out where he felt safe around some fellow OWGs with money who didn't want to tar and feather him. There is hope that Currie can fix what's broken, which at the moment is Men's Basketball and student attendance to every sport. If he fires Danny in March, makes a good hire, and gets more students to see Clawson & Co. next year, that would make him a success.

It's encouraging that Currie was a student at Wake when basketball was in fact the flagship program.

Let's do this!

I still dream of Currie having some previously unknown tie to Gregg Marshall from his time in Kansas that will allow him to lure Marshall here, despite WSU's current success and Wake's status as a dumpster fire. My rationalization is Marshall will soon be 57 and has been at WSU 13 years, so maybe now is finally the right time for him to jump to the ACC for his last gig.

I love to watch Marshall's teams play. He is the anti-Shaka.

I have to believe that Marshall grew up watching the ACC in its heyday. There may never be a better time to jump to it than now if a coach aspires to be in the top tier of the conference. Boeheim, Roy, and K will be gone soon. Bennett is finding out that it's not so easy on top. Hamilton may be around until the end of his contract but aside from Mack and those two, who else looks like a good bet to get teams into the Dance on a consistent basis over the next 6 to 8 years?

I just cannot imagine caring as much as I used to. I will still watch or record and watch later if inconvenient in the future, but I would be shocked if that passion ever came back.

How many potential fans never became fans in those formative years. It is so crazy that there is a street named after a guy who destroyed the program. Only at Wake..

The memories a lot of us could have made with our kids but didn’t is how I measure the significance and sadness of The Lost Decade.

Why did you post these, Netflix???
This is a terrible thing you have done. We don't need to see these. :(

/just teasing

The man is quite the clothes horse isn't he. Where's the local big & tall store ?

Whenever you see an incredibly stupid basketball related post there’s like a 75% chance it was made by PTown or knowell. Definitely out on a 67 year old guy who in the last week called a bunch of players “thugs”.

Back