• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Hmmm.... Willard. We're going to be good again.

The Hall was a fun team to watch this season.

AIR, he's got some baggage....recruiting violations

Transfer tampering. Served a two game suspension. Seton Hall was fined $5k plus 1% of the men's basketball budget. Lost one scholarship for a year. The violation stemmed from an assistant having impermissible contacts with a players mother while that player was still enrolled at Syracuse.

Its like you haven't been paying attention, there's a reason why DR put together two scenarios that could potentially happen but together at the same time would never ever occur. If Wes came to Wake and failed miserably, it wouldn't be his fault it would be the lack of a small on campus arenas fault and by default all the fans that aren't as insightful as him.

Completely. Even if Miller fails, there will be a "well, we're no worse off than we would have been. Lets move on to the next great newbie out there".

I for one would argue for Wes Miller's kid. I mean, think of the legacy there. And I bet we could get him/her/they on the cheap. Why settle for 30 years when we could have 60 years of a Miller on the bench!

Its also laughable to suggest that UNC fans want Miller now for the UNC job. I live in the heart of Tar Heel country and 99.999% of the fans I know (both inside and outside the program) sorta shrug and say "maybe in 10 years after he proves himself at his next job"....

I actually like Miller but lets be serious here for a second.

Yeah, I know, loser talk!

Do new head coaches ever just fly commercial?

Based on flight tracking, we are going to hire a staff of Beilein, Willard, and Matta. No wonder it’s taking so long to raise the money!

Steve Forbes just landed a pretty good transfer in Ty Brewer.

Not trying to read much into it, but doesn’t seem like he’s on his way out of ETSU in the very near-term.

Not trying to read much into it, but doesn’t seem like he’s on his way out of ETSU in the very near-term.

Because there are no P6 jobs open.

It's amazing what offering someone 500% of what they are earning may do to change his mind.

It's amazing what offering someone 500% of what they are earning may do to change his mind.

Damn RJ, that's $2.5-$3 million. Offer him $1.5-$2 million with heavy incentives and upgrades to base every two years based on incentives reached. He will reach them. The more I compare Forbes to everyone not named Matta or Beilein the more he stands out as the candidate poised to succeed. Of course, the last sentence indicates I would be willing to increase that offer.

Back