• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan's Latest MTOW

Why do you think that is?
I don't know why Wellman gets condescending. It's odd for an AD IMO. One would think the constant drone over hating Bz would get tiring, but people can't help themselves I guess when they become addicted to it. I sometimes wonder how they'll fill the void when he's gone. I'm sure we'll be seeing it for years after he's gone.

The dark cloud wasn't April 7 when Dino was fired. It was April 14 when Bz was hired.
Dino getting fired was the start of everything weird. Most of the national press was a bit dumbstruck given the way Dino successfully guided us through the Prosser situation. It just got weirder when Bz was hired. The entire narrative didn't fit. But there seemed to be a movement out there that season to attack Dino in the sports media that also seemed a little out of place. I've always thought Wellman encouraged that.

The national press was killing Dino after the Miami game.

I don't know why Wellman gets condescending. It's odd for an AD IMO. One would think the constant drone over hating Bz would get tiring, but people can't help themselves I guess when they become addicted to it. I sometimes wonder how they'll fill the void when he's gone. I'm sure we'll be seeing it for years after he's gone.

dude people still bitch about odom. are you a new sports fan or something?

Dan's Latest MTOW pretty much sucked. Waste of a column really. Why not just write effusively about how great Claw Daddy was when he was feedin' us all that goodwill-laden charisma and charm? Why even bother with tying it to the Bzdebacle and just discuss how the "temperature" of the excited room was even greater than "aw shucks" Country Dan even anticipated?

That's a strange criticism coming from a message board that has barbs about coach BZ in just about every Clawson thread.

Your understanding of this situation is very, very strange.

A) You do realize that Buzz is paid to win basketball games and recruit at an ACC-level, right? B) Typically, three horrendous years at both gets you a pink slip. C) In an ideal world, basketball fans want their team to win (it's here that you and the lunatic fringe are in affinity with one another). D) There hasn't been a lot of winning in Winston-Salem. E) In fact and by my estimation, we have had two really good wins in Buzz's three years. F) Undergirding all of this is our AD's trolling of the fanbase. G) Thus far and despite some progress this year, Buzz's foundation consists of three guys who are ready to start in the ACC (Codi, Devin, and Cav), two decent bench players (Madison and Moto), three guys coming off of serious knee injuries (Daniel, Greg, and Shelton), and three significant projects (Andre, Tree, and Rondale).

What about fans displeasure over the state of the basketball team do you not understand?

Back