• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan's take on Wake

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
His listing of the records broken for loss margin and offensive futility are staggering . One of worst debacles in WfU basketball history.

Dinos has been our best player in way too many games this season. Not good. He's ideally suited to be a stretch 4 off the bench.

Guard Dinos.

Who else can make a shot?

What shooters are we bringing in next year?

You won't know until you see them shoot in game. I don't know if this is common among other fan bases but Wake has a loooooong history of overrating mediocre shooters before they step on the court.

With everything else remaining the same (which it obviously wouldn't have) we could have held UVa scoreless in the 2nd half and still would have lost.

Hudson responded well to finally getting back into the starting lineup. 0/8 from the floor.

What's really amazing about the numbers from last night is how they're actually worse than they look.

Before Dinos tossed in a couple threes in garbage minutes against scrubs, we were 1/19 from deep. 5%. And we'd only made 9 field goals, shooting 19% overall. Unreal.

Couldn't watch much of the game, but I had it on in the background. At one point, it was something like 25-14. Then I looked up again and we were down 30. Yikes.

With everything else remaining the same (which it obviously wouldn't have) we could have held UVa scoreless in the 2nd half and still would have lost.

I had that thought at the 19:00 mark - wondering if they could go scoreless the rest of the way and still win.

Too lazy and not a masochist, but didn't we have another bad ass reaming coming off a long break earlier in the season?

I heard that UVA has the 3rd best scoring defense of all time behind two Princeton teams. I don't think you can draw major conclusions about our players from this game (Dinos, Hudson etc..). They've been locking down just about everybody. If not for a flurry of very long 3's at the end of the Duke game, the Cavs would be undefeated.

We don't have any shooters coming in next year unless a scholarship frees up and we can get somebody at the last second. I'm hoping that Crawford can come in and become a drive and dish guy to get our guys some open shots. I think his outside shooting ability is right up there with CMM's, though honestly it has to be somewhat better because CMM is the worst shooting PG I've ever seen outside of TJ Ford. Three guys DM brought in this year can shoot the rock, but none can really create that I've seen. We need a guy who can distract and distribute.

Back