• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DAT Cooking thread

made this last night and it be about the easiest thing I've ever made that tastes like it took more effort. literally just put some stuff in the Instant Pot (including the pasta) and turn on. only difference is I used chicken broth since I had that on hand.

Tried making pasta by hand with a pasta machine for the first time using the serious eats method which was dead on accurate with the recipe. Great stuff while labor intensive, but what else you gonna do on a rainy long weekend? We did that with some pan sauced lemon garlic chicken.

https://www.seriouseats.com/fresh-egg-pasta

Tried making pasta by hand with a pasta machine for the first time using the serious eats method which was dead on accurate with the recipe. Great stuff while labor intensive, but what else you gonna do on a rainy long weekend? We did that with some pan sauced lemon garlic chicken.

https://www.seriouseats.com/fresh-egg-pasta

This is the recipe we use but we have a kitchen aid pasta attachment.

We have an old school made in Italy hand roller. I wanted to have Godfather wedding-like Italian music on in the background but we lost power.

Never made hush puppies at home before. Seems pretty easy, anyone have a favorite recipe?

I made them during Covid during Lent. Just used a mix from the store and dropped them in oil.

who has an immersion blender they like?

blade went dull on mine and doesn't look like you can replace just the blade

who has an immersion blender they like?

blade went dull on mine and doesn't look like you can replace just the blade

I’d be shocked if you can’t just replace the blade. Look up the manual and find the part number and Google that number.

If I’m wrong (which has happened before) we like our Cuisinart.

I’d be shocked if you can’t just replace the blade. Look up the manual and find the part number and Google that number.

If I’m wrong (which has happened before) we like our Cuisinart.
i can check again, but the piece is bolted on with no screw or anything for release

We've got a Breville that has been going strong for a long time. Has a little food processor attachment I use when I don't want to get out the big one that has been handy.

Back