• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DC Restaurant recs for this weekend

If you don't want to have to wait, check out OpenTable. Search for the time you're interested in, and you can sort by neighborhood depending on where you are staying or where you are willing to travel. You can also sort by rating, cost, etc and look at reviews. I don't think OT reviews are as trustworthy as perhaps recommendations on the Pit or on DonRockwell.com, but it can give you some decent guidance to narrow things down.

There are 2 Rasika's and both are excellent. Probably the only restaurant rated in the top 10 in DC that is actually affordable. Can be tough to get a reservation, but for the money that's the best spot in the city in my opinion. West End version isn't *quite* as good as the original.

There are 2 Rasika's and both are excellent. Probably the only restaurant rated in the top 10 in DC that is actually affordable. Can be tough to get a reservation, but for the money that's the best spot in the city in my opinion. West End version isn't *quite* as good as the original.

But it's WAY less of a clusterfuck.

Going to be back in DC again next week and made a res for Corduroy. Pumped!

But it's WAY less of a clusterfuck.

Eh, I don't know if I'd say WAY. Both are pretty clusterfucky. West End a little less so. Once seated at the original I've never had a bad experience though.

You can cross Minibar off your list of possibilities. $225 for dinner, $200 for beverage pairings, and only 2 stars from WaPo.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/restaurants/minibar,1088422.html?wpisrc=nl_gogdd

Minibar is an awesome experience. It's not the *best* food in the world, but the experience is so unique that it's worth trying at least once. My only problem with it is that I'm never full after I leave. The last time I went I swear I would have eaten all 34 courses over again. And the beverige pairings are either $75, $125 or $200, depending on how crazy you want to get.

Minibar is an awesome experience. It's not the *best* food in the world, but the experience is so unique that it's worth trying at least once. My only problem with it is that I'm never full after I leave. The last time I went I swear I would have eaten all 34 courses over again. And the beverige pairings are either $75, $125 or $200, depending on how crazy you want to get.

That was my experience at Rogue24. Great stuff, but definitely not full at the end despite 24 items.

Komi on the other hand....

That was my experience at Rogue24. Great stuff, but definitely not full at the end despite 24 items.

Komi on the other hand....

Going to Rogue on Saturday for the second time. Excited, but I recall having the same, unfull feeling. And yes, Komi tries to kill you with food.

God, that goat shoulder. Gonna try and hit up Little Serow in the next week or so. Want to book a seat for myself at the Sushi Taro omakase soon too.

wat that's cray

Going to Rogue on Saturday for the second time. Excited, but I recall having the same, unfull feeling. And yes, Komi tries to kill you with food.

I've only been to Rogue 24 once, and it was when chef John Currence was the guest chef in the house. The majority of my favorite dishes were made by him that night and I actually left pleasantly full. I really enjoyed the 12 house dishes they served, but I'm really not sure I would have enjoyed it quite as much without his dishes mixed in.

I've only been to Rogue 24 once, and it was when chef John Currence was the guest chef in the house. The majority of my favorite dishes were made by him that night and I actually left pleasantly full. I really enjoyed the 12 house dishes they served, but I'm really not sure I would have enjoyed it quite as much without his dishes mixed in.

I haven't been, but Chef RJ Cooper was out during that time for open-heart surgery (which is the reason why they had eight or ten different chefs each week during that time) so that may have made a difference.

My understanding is that the menu at Rogue was recently changed/updated, so I'm curious to see what is there. Also, if you haven't tried any of the new cocktails they are serving at the bar at the back of the restaurant, you should.

This will be....interesting if nothing else. Could be anything from wildly successful to a flop due to operating costs or something. Opened just last week.

[video=vimeo;54857863]http://vimeo.com/54857863[/video]

I don't think it's really open yet, just a bunch of preparties and sold out soft opens, as far as I know. Opens for real on 12/18 if the Mayans are wrong

Back