• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DC Statehood

It likely won't. There have been talks in the past about giving us a real Representative and then giving some district in Utah another one to counterbalance the partisan concerns, but I don't know how the GOP will let it go through where we would get two senators as well.

Just carve out a small federal district and give the rest of that shithole back to Maryland.

Just carve out a small federal district and give the rest of that shithole back to Maryland.

Leave it to the person with SC in their handle to call something a shithole. Have you ever actually been here? And not just the the Mall area.

People deserve representation. Figure it out.

You shouldn't need to create a false balance by giving conservative people even more disproportional representation.

Seems to me this should be a primary issue for the Tea Party, because it was the actual issue of the Boston Tea Party.

What red state are you going to add as 52 to balance it out? What are Puerto Rico's views?

I don't know why you'd need to split a red state. If you represent unrepresented population, you're not changing the population dynamics.

If we're going to worry about "fair" representation, change the original rules and set things up by equal population density, ignoring state borders.

i can't wait for DC to get representation and then have a 15% voter turnout every election

Split Utah. Relocate Mormons (again). They'll have North Utah populated in no time. Buy magic underwear manufacturer stock first.

People deserve representation. Figure it out.

You shouldn't need to create a false balance by giving conservative people even more disproportional representation.

If district residents want representation, they can move to one of the states nearby that has it.

Back