• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DEADLIEST CATCH

bump for tonight's 2-hour premiere for the fans of the show (i know you're out there from back on the quad days)....

Pumped...lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe I'll watch tomorrow. Catching up on Chicago Code and The Killing tonight.

I really like the new captains.

Esp the guy that's 28, he reminds me of Scotty Hillstrand.

I liked seeing Sig teaching Jake about charting where the crabs are projected to be and gave him a little insight into how the boat works. If I ran a boat, I would really like to have a young guy working towards his captains license that is eager to learn. Especially since it seems like Edgar does not want to take over when Sig is done and the other brother(s) is/are not likely to do it either, so Jake could be the one to run the Northwestern for the Hansens until a relative is ready to take over. Also, pretty sure that Jake's ambition drove off Matt, who is noticeably gone from the NW this year.

It was cool seeing Josh Harris step up and basically take control of the boat. IMO, he has flown past Jake in terms of the better brother on the boat. Cool to see they own 1/4 the boat (Phil owned 1/2 - gave half of that (1/4) to his wife and the other half (1/4) to his sons).

Should be interesting when half the fleet is going for blue crab and the other half goes for red crab. Would not be surprised to see the Northwestern get their red quota and then go back out for some blue crab as well. They did it last time the blue crab season was opened (2008, I believe).

I think the NW went out to the blue crab grounds first this time right?

Man I missed this...another good show to catch up on after exams are over.

I think the NW went out to the blue crab grounds first this time right?

Don't remember, I know the Cornelia Marie and one of the new boats are going to the blue grounds.

I'm pretty sure both the red and blue have their own quotas so I guess all of them could theoretically catch both during the king season if they wanted to. But they have 3 weeks only to catch the crabs so they could run out of time if they are not careful.

(I look up info on crab fishing, I have no inside knowledge on this stuff)

I liked seeing Sig teaching Jake about charting where the crabs are projected to be and gave him a little insight into how the boat works. If I ran a boat, I would really like to have a young guy working towards his captains license that is eager to learn. Especially since it seems like Edgar does not want to take over when Sig is done and the other brother(s) is/are not likely to do it either, so Jake could be the one to run the Northwestern for the Hansens until a relative is ready to take over. Also, pretty sure that Jake's ambition drove off Matt, who is noticeably gone from the NW this year.

The problem with that is that Jake is an idiot. Do you ever see him running a boat?

Not much happened last night but that is what this show is all about. For some reason it is still fun to watch. This is one show that I am absolutely addicted to and I have no idea why. Other than a few episodes last season (that were the best in reality tv history) every show is the same...AND I LOVE IT!

So my wife buys media (commercials) and upfronts, where the networks show the media buyers their shows, are this month and next month in NYC. So she's at dinner tonight for Discovery Channel and the brothers from Deadliest Catch are at her table as well as the Cash Cab guy. Pussy is there too.

Bump to the top. Anyone watch the episode last night? The two young guns are not going to be friends much longer. I have never seen one captain lay their pots down that close or in the middle of another captain’s string like that desperate bozo last night. Will be very interesting at the docks later this season.

I missed the season premiere, but saw last night's ep. The dude on the Ramblin' Rose is cruising for an ass-kicking.

Yeah, Jr was pissed.

Edgar continues to be the man, I wonder how much Discovery paid him to come back for red crab?

BTTT...new season starts tonight just in time to fill the Tuesday night void left behind by Justified.

northwestern-2013-01-625x450.jpg

So pumped, I cleared the DVR and set up to record the series last night.

Got caught up on a blog a month or two ago and from "insiders" there there seems to be a lot of jumping to new boats this year.

I think Im done with this one. Only so many times you can watch bros pull crabs out of the ocean.

'OH theresa storm coming!!1'

No shit, theres always a storm coming.

same shit, same crabs, different year...but i love it, esp. capt. sig and crew. some mindless entertainment to take your mind off the shitty things in life (boston bombings, the stench of WF athletics, etc.)...

Back