• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dean Smith Gives $200 to Every Player He Coached

"If you commit I'll give you $200 when I die."

Sounds like a recruiting violation to me.

So what did these guys do with the money?
I'll start.
Michael Jordan definitely put his on the Heels straight up tonight.
Jeff McGinness took Phil Ford's wife out to a nice dinner.
Phil Ford hired a hit man to take out Jeff McGinness.

Serge Zwicker got the final 2 hundy for his much deserved anti-Lurch plastic surgery.

Rashad McCants hires another lawyer

He should have repaid tuition to the players that got fucked out of an education due to the system he set up.

Calipari just thought of another way to bring studs in to lexington. The leave it in the will doctrine.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool myself. However, the jokes that can be made are endless.

JR Reid enrolled in the Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Don't paint me as a Carolina apologist, but I never understood the "JR Can't Reid" stuff. Both of his parents were school teachers. Anybody who followed his career and saw him in later life knew he wasn't a dummy and the whole thing pissed Dean off pretty bad too. I get that it's kinda catchy though.

4. “J.R. Can’t Reid”(1989)

January 18, 1989, saw the Dukies institute one of the more mean-spirited signs in college basketball history: “J.R. Can’t Reid” about UNC star J.R. Reid.

Duke fans heckled Reid throughout the game and Dean Smith did not take kindly to the sign which he saw as racially motivated. He responded to this action by stating that Reid and Scott Williams had higher combined SAT scores than Christian Laettner and Danny Ferry.

In turn, Blue Devil backers were incensed that Smith would use private information about two college students and air it publicly to tear them down, especially when they had nothing to do with the sign.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/part-two-5-1-duke-carolinas-ugliest-moments

Makes me wonder what the players who didn't like Smith/didn't receive the PT they thought did with the money. Strip clubs and blow is my first guess.

A fellow Wake grad shared this story on facebook and mentioned that [Redacted] will be leaving in his will the request that someone go door-to-door to kick each Wake fan in the nuts 1 final time.

They all bought a leather bound copy of the book "Tarnish Heels" by Rob Anderson and had Julius Nyang'Oro autograph it for them because he may be the reason they all graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill, thus making them eligible for The Snoz's $200.

Warren Martin is going to use his $200 to buy some coordination.

Back