• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dean Smith to Receive Presidential Medal of Freedom

Yikes - I thought having a Sunday school teacher from UVA was insufferable.

I picked the wrong Sunday to bag Sunday School. The teacher (a Hole alum) used Deano's "trailblazing" recruitment of Scott to make a point about how Jesus reached out to people who weren't accepted in society at the time. Too bad I wasn't there to give a shout-out to the original "left-leaning" coach, Lefty Driesel.

Wait, so you get reports about what went on in Sunday School when you weren't even there? That's hardcore.

I hope you are just trying to get a rise, because you really don't have a clue if you actually believe that. As I've said, I was the only boy in my 5th grade class here in NC...when I was only 10 years old...who was pulling against Carolina when they won the '57 NCAA title. Every game....Yale, Canisius, Syracuse, Michigan State & Kansas. I am the person who would never even wear light blue clothes during all the years when I was growing up. The person who walked 13 miles in disgust after the UNC/WF scoreboard game in '75. I was pulling against Carolina every game they played...against anyone....for almost 30 years before you were even born. And the very incident that you cling to in your ridiculous (if you're serious) claim that I am a "Carolina fan"....that one time I wore that sweatshirt a couple of months after the Carl Tacy fiasco....if you would do a little thinking about it, only shows how much I disliked Carolina...not how much I liked them. I was so upset about the Tacy situation that I wanted to make the strong possible protest that I knew how to make....and wearing that Carolina shirt....a team that I despised....was the strongest possible way to show how upset that I was.

Hopefully, you are intelligent enough to realize all of this and you are just trying to "jerk my chain", so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that.....because I would say that there are only a very, very few posters on this board....very, very few....if any....who have pulled against Carolina in more games than I have pulled against them.

Furthermore, with all the posters on here who are openly pulling against the WF basketball team these days, it takes one hell of a nerve to keep harping on that one time I wore a Carolina sweatshirt as a protest.

If you can see Dean Smith as anything other than the cheater who created "The Carolina Way" the system they still use today to deny any wrongdoing on the part of anyone assciated with Chapel Hill, you are a Carolina Fan. End of discussion, personally I believe that Dean Smith is a spawn of Satan.

Back