• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear Shaka...

Come on guys... Jeff [Redacted] is the FUTURE OF OUR PROGRAM!

Get excited... <crickets>

Shaka Smart will sign a contract somewhere for $3-4MM per year. More than 2x what Grobe makes. A price tag we simply cannot afford (and keep Grobie).

In response to the tags, I'd love to have Stevens, Marshall, or Lutz as well.

What I'm realizing is the permanent damage that's been done with the Bz hire. Think about it. If you're an NCAA Tournament coach, what's the motivation to come to Wake right now? It's not like we're coming off an NCAAT appearance. We're one of the worst major conference programs. If you had to guess if VCU or Wake will be better in 3 years without knowing the coach for either, can you honestly say Wake?

I would bathe in his sweat.

And I... would let you. :thumbsup:

Shaka Smart will sign a contract somewhere for $3-4MM per year. More than 2x what Grobe makes. A price tag we simply cannot afford (and keep Grobie).

I like Grobe but if it's him or Shaka? I choose... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: SHAKA!!! I say we also throw in a slightly used AD and an impotent university President.

Fuck I would terminate the entire athletic department for a shot at Shaka.

Wellman can kiss my ass. Oh heavens yes he can.

You'd have to think we could afford that if we had the chance. You mean to tell me we don't have enough rich Wake fatcats to put together a couple mil a year to replace Buzz with Shaka?

Hell if Ron called me up saying "hey, I just hired Shaka but I did it knowing I'd need some money to make this work" I'd give about half of what I got in the bank right now.

Cut out the Deacon Club - all money goes directly to Shaka.

He decides on everyone's season ticket location.

Billy Donovan, Tom Izzo, and Bill Self all are in that range.

No. Way.

2.5 Mil Tops.

Cut out the Deacon Club - all money goes directly to Shaka.

He decides on everyone's season ticket location.

Say I'm Dr. Jerry Buss. I befriend Shaka. I tell Shaka - go to Wake, we'll make you the richest coach in the NCAA.

Is this an NCAA violation?

Say I'm Dr. Jerry Buss. I befriend Shaka. I tell Shaka - go to Wake, we'll make you the richest coach in the NCAA. Is this an NCAA violation?

Shhhh... We won't tell. Now go do your thing! --- Quickly & quietly!

The passion that Shaka showed after that tall, white dude's shot missed tonight. That energizes players. That makes players realize their coach is right there with them.

Jeff [Redacted] would have golf clapped (maybe) and then done the Eurkel Shuffle (but not in a fun way) to shake hands with Greg Marshall.

Passion is a good thing. Too bad the old, white big wig donors don't realize this at Wake Forest. Culture.

Could you see Bzz getting out there taking a charge like he did in that video. Or any Bzz coached kids getting as fired up as they were during that practice.

That would not be more than twice what we pay Grobe.

We can wish for Shaka or Marshall all we want, but deep down we all know what is going to happen. Bzz is going to get 1 to 2 more years if he does not win and by then some other programs are going to be enjoying them as their coaches and we are left with a coach we are nowhere near as excited about.

1. Stevens
2. Smart
3. Marshall
4. Groce
5-200. Who wake will hire.
Somewhere around 500 (345 teams in d1) bzzzzzz

Le sigh.

Actually Stevens is 1-20. But not going to happen so fuck.

all day today watching games and seeing them interview made me sad about the abortion of a HC we currently have.

We'll be lucky to hire Shaka's left nut the way Buzz has run us into the ground.

Back