• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Brian Knorr

Not really. Indiana is a terrible job. No offense to the original poster.

None taken. It's actually a good time to come to IU as a defensive coordinator. Last year was so bad on the defensive side of the ball that there really is no way to do worse. Plus, IU loses only one starter on defense so there is plenty of experience returning.

For all the knocks on Knorr, he fielded defenses good enough to win games if it had any support whatsoever from our pathetic offense.

Really, this is all IU fans want. IU already has a capable offense that was good enough to win 5 games with the worst defense in any BCS conference.

I was pretty shocked to see Knorr land a B1G job.

Are we still playing IU home and home in football in the near future, or did that series get scuttled due to conference expansion?

I passed through Bloomington 2 years ago, and I can't wait to go back in a few years for the WFU game. I wonder how stable Calhoun's job is at the AFA? Maybe that's why Knorr left for the B1G, or more $. IU plays at Maryland and Rutgers this year, I hope to check them out for myself.

I spend time on this board for the soccer threads. My time here has made me aware of the passionate and unconditional support Wake fans have for their basketball coach and AD but I honestly haven't spent any time paying attention to Wake football threads.

Pos rep on that one buddy!

I passed through Bloomington 2 years ago, and I can't wait to go back in a few years for the WFU game. I wonder how stable Calhoun's job is at the AFA? Maybe that's why Knorr left for the B1G, or more $. IU plays at Maryland and Rutgers this year, I hope to check them out for myself.

I believe the Maryland game next year is in Bloomington.

You are correct. Columbus on Nov. 22 is looking good.

You can tell BTB is a legit IU fan because he follows IU football. The Walmart fans in IN are ND football and IU basketball and rival any Walmart fans from other schools in their levels of idiocy.

You can tell BTB is a legit IU fan because he follows IU football. The Walmart fans in IN are ND football and IU basketball and rival any Walmart fans from other schools in their levels of idiocy.

No question there are a large segment of fans in the state of Indiana that root for IU basketball and ND football. Of course being an IU football fan is a lot like being a Wake basketball fan the last 3 years except where IU football is concerned, it's not the last 3 years but the last 20 years.

Looks like the Indiana OC is going to be the UNC OC.

Yes, Knorr got a "Big 10 job", but its not like he was offered by Ohio State or Michigan. Indiana football is as low rung as the Big 10 gets (OK, maybe not that Rutgers is now a Big 10 school); so, lets take into account which Big 10 school hired him.

BTW, this is not the first time that Indiana hired a WF DC. After Caldwell's one bowl season, when WF had a really good defense led by Fred Robbins, IU hired WF DC James Bell as Indiana's DC. That tenure did not last long. Last I heard, James Bell is coaching HS football in Louisiana. So, the DC job at Indiana can end college coaching careers.

Yes, Knorr got a "Big 10 job", but its not like he was offered by Ohio State or Michigan. Indiana football is as low rung as the Big 10 gets (OK, maybe not that Rutgers is now a Big 10 school); so, lets take into account which Big 10 school hired him.

BTW, this is not the first time that Indiana hired a WF DC. After Caldwell's one bowl season, when WF had a really good defense led by Fred Robbins, IU hired WF DC James Bell as Indiana's DC. That tenure did not last long. Last I heard, James Bell is coaching HS football in Louisiana. So, the DC job at Indiana can end college coaching careers.

The defense remained awful under Bell. The sad reality is that IU has been awful on the defensive side of the ball for two decades.

If you love corners playing 10 yards off the line on every single play, you'll love Brian Knorr.

Indiana football never really recovered after it fired Bill Mallory. Not that it was a powerhouse or anything back then, but it had some really solid teams with some good players.

Eta: Just looked at Mallory's career stats. Worse than I recall. He was there for a long-ass time.

I spend time on this board for the soccer threads. My time here has made me aware of the passionate and unconditional support Wake fans have for their basketball coach and AD but I honestly haven't spent any time paying attention to Wake football threads.

Haha. . .well played BTB. Well played.

Brian knows defense. Was tutored by some very good defensive minds. Had a very respectable defense that was hindered greatly by Lobo's offensive offense.

His wife grew up in Indiana and also went to IU.
Happy Wife = Good eating for the whole family

Back