• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Delaware State Thread

OUCH

It was impossible to watch the Deacons get upended by Delaware State of the MEAC 72-65 tonight at Joel Coliseum and not wonder if the loss would be Danny Manning's Stetson.

The answer, of course, will come in the days and weeks ahead. [Redacted] could have survived, perhaps, if the Deacons had ever played well enough to erase the doubts his first loss created in the minds of all those who care about Wake basketball.

Tonight's loss was a bad one, about as bad as I've seen by the Deacons in Joel Coliseum. The numbers are sobering. The MEAC, coming into tonight, was 6-221 all-time against teams from the ACC. Delaware State had never beaten an ACC team in 19 tries.

http://m.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/...b68-777a-11e4-b2ce-034eb18154cb.html?mode=jqm

DCDeac points this out, but we had loads of open, uncontested three-point opportunities that just didn't go in. We missed layups. We missed what, six free throws in the last minute or two? Things might have been very different had those gone in, and I don't think this one is one the coaches. Every guy on the roster marked #44, and that bro was still hitting everything imaginable. Shit happens. We move on.

Just got the feeling everyone including Manning underestimated this team in the first half. The evidence is playing Watson with a tied game in 1st half. That tells me he figured we would eventually blow them out. The longer you let underdogs stick around the more confidence they get, particularly in bball. I think Manning will do well, but the coaching job was too little too late.

Much like the finsh in the I Own A College game- TIME OUT! TIME OUT!! TIME OUT!!! Oh, wait!

Not necessarily incorrect. Crawford for sure.Moore and Collins probable IMO. Actually not confident Thomas and Greek Guy will be in school next season at Wake.,,Won't be surprised if DT packs his bags at end of this semester. Probably one year of this chaos will be enough for Mitiglu and he will go back to olive country to play for pay and eat his mama's cooking.

I might have to just revert to playing our schedule on College Hoops 2K5/NCAA March Madness 2005 instead of exposing myself to another year of this.

Not necessarily incorrect. Crawford for sure.Moore and Collins probable IMO. Actually not confident Thomas and Greek Guy will be in school next season at Wake.,,Won't be surprised if DT packs his bags at end of this semester. Probably one year of this chaos will be enough for Mitiglu and he will go back to olive country to play for pay and eat his mama's cooking.

Manning actually demands that Thomas act and play the right way. Bzz Kissed his ass.

Thomas needs coaching by Manning. Let's see if he can take real coaching .

do you ever give positive reinforcement to a Deac player?

Codi Miller-McIntyre @CMM_OnTheRise · 13h
Just a matter of time.

Reply:
Frank Reagan ‏@FrankReagan04 5h
@CMM_OnTheRise u guys got worked by Delaware St. Hard to be a fan anymore. Manning is as bad as [Redacted]. U guys fukin suck

Dt can't go right and Cmm can't go left. Going on three years of the same crap. Too easily defended. glaring weaknesses. Both have to take to the coaching in order to go to the next level. Toughness. I agree bzz kissed way too much ass.

Last edited:
Frank Reagan can go suck a huge fat fucking cock. Who the fuck is that. What a terrible fucking move to tweet AT a player and talk shit. Horrible fucking move.

Back