• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Delaware State Thread

Codi Miller-McIntyre @CMM_OnTheRise · 13h
Just a matter of time.

Reply:
Frank Reagan ‏@FrankReagan04 5h
@CMM_OnTheRise u guys got worked by Delaware St. Hard to be a fan anymore. Manning is as bad as [Redacted]. U guys fukin suck

Reactions: Ayo
Naw, the players, historically, have definitely read. I used to chat with David Weaver about the boards all the time. Sat with Skip and talked about the boards. He wasn't pleased, in general.

well, no shit. people usually don't like being criticized.

the point remains that if a player really takes what some schmo says on a message board about them seriously... then... well, that just wouldn't be good.

well, no shit. people usually don't like being criticized.

the point remains that if a player really takes what some schmo says on a message board about them seriously... then... well, that just wouldn't be good.

Well, despite your well-established mantra about internet business not being so serious, things on the internet do hurt feelings. Probably better for them to stay far away.

do you ever give positive reinforcement to a Deac player?

When they deserve it. I would love to compliment all of our players. I just complimented Wolford on another thread . Clawson as well. I really like Wilbekin, Crab , Greek Deac and Mclinton , although only Wilbekin played well last night and Mclinton is playing tentatively so far.

I'll believe when I see it as regularly as you attack them. Hopefully, you'll be more accurate with your posts as well.

Well, despite your well-established mantra about internet business not being so serious, things on the internet do hurt feelings. Probably better for them to stay far away.

Well, yeah, if they can't handle random people not approving of how they play a game, then they should probably not go on the internet. We are in agreement.

DCDeac points this out, but we had loads of open, uncontested three-point opportunities that just didn't go in. We missed layups. We missed what, six free throws in the last minute or two? Things might have been very different had those gone in, and I don't think this one is one the coaches. Every guy on the roster marked #44, and that bro was still hitting everything imaginable. Shit happens. We move on.

Yep the game on Friday night was the example of the 7% of times Wake was going to lose that game. DSU makes contested jumpers throughout the first half, Wake has a lot of good ball movement and misses open threes, we missed free throws down the stretch, and we committed silly fouls throughout the game. It happens.

Also where the hell is Devin going to go? He's not going to transfer to sit out a year at this stage.

It's certainly a horrible loss and one that should not happen but the reality is these games do happen so we just have to move on.

And the players read the boards for sure. These are 18-22 year old kids who are in a pretty big spotlight and most of them have interest in playing at the next level so of course they want to know what people are saying about them.

I know you played, but the intensity of the internet is growing {even since 09- old dude :) }. It's basically ubiquitous at this point. Students and family members who don't follow the games hear about what's posted. Having a little decorum doesn't stop discussions. All it stops is bloodletting.

Maybe there should be a basic rule, imagine everyone's dad or mom has James Johnson's dad's background and talent, but with a temper. If you aren't willing to say what you post to that person's face about their player son, don't post it.

and most of them have interest in playing at the next level so of course they want to know what people are saying about them.

baby1.jpg

I know you played, but the intensity of the internet is growing {even since 09- old dude :) }. It's basically ubiquitous at this point. Students and family members who don't follow the games hear about what's posted. Having a little decorum doesn't stop discussions. All it stops is bloodletting.

Maybe there should be a basic rule, imagine everyone's dad or mom has James Johnson's dad's background and talent, but with a temper. If you aren't willing to say what you post to that person's face about their player son, don't post it.

Re: your first point: I agree, and I think most everyone else does as well.

Re: your second point: I disagree. I think people should be nice just to be nice. Not because saying something to an imaginary someone's face might result in violence.

I agree your contention, but asking them be mannered just to have manners has fallen on deaf ears for many years. I wish it didn't have to be so graphic. Sadly, it does.

Players must realize that there lots of deeply disturbed sports fanatics ( I include myself) on message boards all over the country. Just read the UNC boards today . If they make the mistake of reading this crap, they should expect both the good and the bad. It comes with the territory. ACC hoops is big time and it's life in the fast lane.

There's a theory that sports fanaticism had been a "healthy" way to channel mental illnesses, but with the advent of social media all bets are off.

Frank Reagan went on a twitter rampage when we hired Manning instead of Ben Howland. He could be BSF for all we know.

There's a theory that sports fanaticism had been a "healthy" way to channel mental illnesses, but with the advent of social media all bets are off.

Fan behavior at games is worse than things players could read here. You don't need rabbit ears to hear stuff that's screamed at players and coaches. It's not a place for those with thin skin. Grown professionals are some of worst offenders. I plead guilty to screaming at opposing players and coaches , particularly those from Duke.

Fan behavior at games is worse than things players could read here. You don't need rabbit ears to hear stuff that's screamed at players and coaches. It's not a place for those with thin skin. Grown professionals are some of worst offenders. I plead guilty to screaming at opposing players and coaches , particularly those from Duke.

p1_duke.jpg

Back