• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Department of Justice investigating Comey's actions before election

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This has just been announced. The DOJ Inspector General has launched an official investigation into the FBI's action prior to the election.

Comey's unprofessional and unprecedented actions had an impact.

I am glad he is finally getting his just desserts for failing to indict Hillary.

i'm pretty sure the phrase is "just deserts"

It's correct both ways. It was original just deserts as desert also had a meaning "something deserved". But since america is so fat now everything is about dessert.

The origin of the term is about what's deserved not yummy desserts.

WTF.gif

This has just been announced. The DOJ Inspector General has launched an official investigation into the FBI's action prior to the election.

Comey's unprofessional and unprecedented actions had an impact.

Yawn. How hard are they going to investigate this in the next 9 days? I'm guessing it won't be much of a priority thereafter.

If the DOJ wants to investigate something, it should investigate Loretta Lynch's private meeting with the husband (who also happened to be a former president) of a person who was currently under an FBI investigation....only days before a decision was to be made on whether she was going to be indicted.

not disagreeing but less impact than comey's actions

I'd say it was pretty damned important. What if that meeting led to the decision not to indict Hillary? If Hillary had been indicted, she would have probably had to drop out of the race and Donald Trump might not even be the President-elect today.

comey's actions probably turned the election

Really? I still think the insurance rate hikes had a bigger effect than Comey. Could be wrong, but does anyone know anyone who changed their votes because of Comey? Now I can see the reemergence of her email problem maybe persuading a few folks to stay home because they couldn't vote for either. But a week before the election getting notice that you're going to be paying $1-200 more per month for insurance hits you badly in the pocketbook. Because I'm not part of a group, my insurance went up $100 because I'm not entitled to any subsidy. Didn't cause me to switch my vote, but I was pissed at the Dems naivete in thinking all those assetless young folks would sign up for insurance or face that stiff $400 penalty.

comey's actions probably turned the election
Maybe that was true during the election, but now that the election is over you have to admit that none of that was important and Donald Trump won solely because more of America (the landmass, not people) agreed with his well thought out policies. Right, BKF?

Maybe that was true during the election, but now that the election is over you have to admit that none of that was important and Donald Trump won solely because more of America (the landmass, not people) agreed with his well thought out policies. Right, BKF?

Before I answer your question, did you ever answer mine?

Back