• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Development around our Athletic Facilities

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Could be cool.

I hope it's somewhat organic. Never liked the feeling the last time they attempted to develop the area. Like WFU had their fingers on everything attempting to curate a fake college kids and families vibe.

I hope it's somewhat organic. Never liked the feeling the last time they attempted to develop the area. Like WFU had their fingers on everything attempting to curate a fake college kids and families vibe.
That was before Deactown! New day. Without WF, Winston would be in a world of hurt and the smart grads from the Triangle schools heavily invested in Winston know it.

I'm not master developer, but I would really have to question the ROI on this thing. Also, where are people supposed to park once you build a Dave & Busters and a Margaritaville in the parking lot ?

Looks like a horrible investment to me.

But it's certainly great for Wake Forest athletics. And once these folks flop, there will be some nice buying opportunities.

Looks like a horrible investment to me.

But it's certainly great for Wake Forest athletics. And once these folks flop, there will be some nice buying opportunities.
Chuckle… yep, seems likely.

I'm not master developer, but I would really have to question the ROI on this thing. Also, where are people supposed to park once you build a Dave & Busters and a Margaritaville in the parking lot ?
In my head I’m hoping this is like The Battery which basically prints money. I know it won’t be.

I bet Putters would welcome some competition near the stadium. They turn people away every single gameday

If we are spending this cash, I'd like to see an investment to move the TV cameras to the East side. Build a first class media booth or whatever.

Could be a lighting issue.

But ALL our games show the less full, less rowdy, somewhat other team's fans. And some games, it's embarrassingly empty.

Cameras on top of East stands, highlight the fuller pro-Deac home crowd in the West stands.

Back