• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Development around our Athletic Facilities

If we are spending this cash, I'd like to see an investment to move the TV cameras to the East side. Build a first class media booth or whatever.

Could be a lighting issue.

But ALL our games show the less full, less rowdy, somewhat other team's fans. And some games, it's embarrassingly empty.

Cameras on top of East stands, highlight the fuller pro-Deac home crowd in the West stands.
Pretty sure it’s a sun issue. Sun would be shining directly into the cameras all afternoon and early evening.

I'm not an expert on this but I'd imagine almost all camera setups around the country are from the side with the major building (aka home side) due to the readily available infrastructure.

Find the best area on the visitor side for home crowd views (maybe low on the Bridger end of the field?). Build a camera stand with appropriate shading. Work a deal with TV producers for us to supply camera and crew for any crowd shots that they need and they can also use the feed for a different view of the action on the field. Lot cheaper than reconfiguring the stadium.

I'm not an expert on this but I'd imagine almost all camera setups around the country are from the side with the major building (aka home side) due to the readily available infrastructure.
They are. Feel like we've discussed before -- Notre Dame is the only stadium I've been to that has a broadcast press box on the opposite side of the "main" press box.

Yeah I am hoping modern technology can help one day...maybe.

Its been a bad look for 50+ years, but I guess we're stuck.

Simpsons did it

ClassicShoddyBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

Simpsons did it

ClassicShoddyBasilisk-size_restricted.gif
Yes. Since the beginning of time man has yearned to destroy the sun! This is randomly my favorite Simpsons bit, it's like the only one I quote. That and the tall guy in the small car one. Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

"Wake Forest and Carter/Front Street are collaborating with the City of Winston-Salem to develop an initial transformative vision for a lively mixed-use development with the goals of stimulating economic activity and reinforcing Winston-Salem’s position as a leading tourism, sports, and entertainment destination."

I'll have whatever the author is drinking.

Yes. Since the beginning of time man has yearned to destroy the sun! This is randomly my favorite Simpsons bit, it's like the only one I quote. That and the tall guy in the small car one. Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Well I must say…you steam a good ham

I like the Simpson's inspired solution, but modify it so that it is a giant, circular solar panel on a track that follows the sun's path, keeping the East stands in perpetual shadow. The solar panel could run the device, making it self-sufficient and have enough power to run the monorail as well.

I like the Simpson's inspired solution, but modify it so that it is a giant, circular solar panel on a track that follows the sun's path, keeping the East stands in perpetual shadow. The solar panel could run the device, making it self-sufficient and have enough power to run the monorail as well.
Yeah but don’t you remember the Monorail episode? An eclipse stops the train, and if we have a sun blocker in place the train can’t run.

Solar power? When will people learn?

Are we the only power 5 football program that refers to a "home side" and a "visitor side" in their football stadium? I've noticed this over the years and it seems pretty high school.

That's some Rube Goldberg shit right there. 👍

Are we the only power 5 football program that refers to a "home side" and a "visitor side" in their football stadium? I've noticed this over the years and it seems pretty high school.
isn't it more referring to the sidelines and not the stands

It's a reference to the sideline that the visitors inhabit, not the stands. Unfortunately at Allegacy Credit Union Financial Services Company Stadium, it turns out to be the visitors entire side.

Agree that is sounds high school-ish. More appropriate would be "visiting team side", which refers to where the two teams are in relation to the field and not where the fans sit.

Back