• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas Commits (NOT?)

Good get (I think).

Someone fill us in some moar. Good rebounder/defender/high motor guy?

Good get (I think).

Someone fill us in some moar. Good rebounder/defender/high motor guy?

This is my impression. Not a sexy get in terms of ranking, but exactly the style of.player we need: a guy who prides himself on the dirty work inside.

We now have some flexibility for the last ship. We can go more traditional SF like Moto, or a big, versatile guy like Jankovic.

That's what it looks like. Can't find much except for local TV highlights.

LETS GO. GET HIM IN ASAP AND LET'S TEACH OUR PLAYERS HOW TO GET DIRTY.

6'7"? So another Travis McKie? Or a poor man's version of Travis? Is that about right?

From the highlights I saw (which wasn't much), he was easily the tallest guy on the court and his competition didn't seem too strong and his highlights reflected that. He did put up some big scoring numbers. Seems small for a "banger", but Scout has him at 6-8, 235.

I'd be interested to see some AAU clips.

6'7"? So another Travis McKie? Or a poor man's version of Travis? Is that about right?

Nah I think he will be strictly a PF. Travis, while a great rebounder, is a true SF and this is good for us as it will allow Travis to cause mismatches at PF. Lots of guys are high on Thomas and I think he will certainly help us. As we have seen you don't have to be 6'10 to be effective. I'd love if he came close to being like the elder Booker at Clemson from a game standpoint. Think he was only about 6'7 but a great athlete and post player. No idea if Devin is anywhere near the athlete that Trevor was though. Welcome to the family Devin!

Probably someone we'd rather have inside so Travis can do what he does at the 3. I'm imagining him as a Travis type guy that prefers banging on teh inside. Really, if he's got half the hustle that TM has he'll be a bauce.

ESPN eval

Strengths:
He's a tad undersized but what he lacks in height he makes up for with his heart. Thomas brings the energy, especially on the glass. Strikes us as a player who simply has a passion for rebounding. Established post moves and he runs the floor. His comfort level is in the paint and he knows his way around the lane. Works to get tips at the rim. Could be a late bloomer.
Weaknesses:
Comfort level exists in the lane and he's a classic power forward who scores within 10 feet. If he's going to be a facilitator, he's got to improve his handle. Also needs to add the threat of a face up shot. Would like to see him work on a counter move.
Bottom Line:
He's a guy who is going to straddle the mid to possibly higher level status as a prospect. With his motor and ability, don't be surprised to see teams take a flier on him should he replicate his efforts in the summer heading up to his senior year.

He will definitely play PF for us... he outweighs Travis by 20 pounds or so and seems to be a banger type. A little short but still what we need, especially if he has a rebounding passion.

Sounds kind of like Montrezl Harrell... I'd like to have a player w/ a passion for rebounding.

Thanks for the report guys.

Hope for the best. Fear the worst. That's my new motto.

He's supposedly very long.....

WELCOME Devin......

Good news.

Now just looking for one more member of the class of 2012.

dv7 has to pick up his game. Bzzz has started to tweet more while dv7 has slowed in his direct Twitter campaign against him. ;)

This is my impression. Not a sexy get in terms of ranking, but exactly the style of.player we need: a guy who prides himself on the dirty work inside.

We now have some flexibility for the last ship. We can go more traditional SF like Moto, or a big, versatile guy like Jankovic.

I don't think this takes Edosomwan off the board either. We can go big then stud small forward for 2013

Back