• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas Commits (NOT?)

BSD piece on him from June

Thomas says his game consists of both back to the basket and face up moves. "I can do both but I really like banging down low and attacking the boards." With his outstanding play, Thomas has seen his recruitment explode. "I have Wake Forest, Temple, Marquette, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia, VCU, and many others showing me interest right now."

DaveTelep
Rumor dispelled: Devin Thomas did not commit to Wake Forest. Has a visit scheduled for Oct. 7. Deacs in lead though.

What?

2 hours ago Andre tweeted to Devin: @Devin_Thomas20 Welcome to the family bro let's do this! #GoDeacs

And Devin tweeted back: @NBDre33 thank you bro. We got work to do.

Love lefties in the post. Guy has a lot of good press, and excellent offers. I wouldn't make much of the 6'7". If he can play I really don't care. We are already playing a 6'7" at PF who really is a SF, so this is an improvement for our team.

WELCOME! Very excited about Devin, and excited about our recruiting in general. This is exactly the kind of offseason that BZ and our program needed to generate some positive vibes. Need to improve on the court next season, and continue to bring in talent and BZ might be able to dig himself and our program out of the hole we are in.

Edited to say...what the crap? Hope we didn't get fooled.

yeah i know, this whole thing is really screwy. I don't know what to believe

I believe the kid's twitter. Telep could be hearing from a coach or handler trying to talk Devin out of the commit.

Great get for us, we are looking like we'll be respectable again by 2013. I'm happy the tides seem to be turning a little bit. Looking forward to getting some new blood on the court along with the guys we currently have that are working hard.

Um, yea but...

NBDre33 Andre Washington
@Devin_Thomas20 Welcome to the family bro let's do this! #GoDeacs

Devin_Thomas20 Devin Thomas
@NBDre33 thank you bro. We got work to do.

Love the attitude in the tweet, too. Any kid who comes hear has to expect to work. These kids are rebuilding a program.

Maybe he wants to take a few visits (for the heck of it) before making it official. Hope something like that's the case, anyway.

I am pretty convinced after reading the tweets...I hope we get Thomas, because I really like what I have read and seen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Devin himself has already made up his mind and perhaps communicated that to the coaches, but that someone in Devin's family (or "camp," if you will) is giving a reporter or recruiting service some equivocal or noncommittal language in the hopes of still holding a formal PC or releasing a statement on Monday when Devin's decision would receive more press coverage.

Zena is scheduled to visit Sept. 15th. Devin might not want to let anyone in his camp waiver him from his commitment.

Apparently Devin's dad told Telep he wasn't committed yet. Sounds like a difference of opinion between father and son.

Evan Daniels just retweeted a tweet saying that Devin Thomas has confirmed that he is indeed committed to Wake. My head is spinning

Back