• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas????

Off topic, but I have been very encouraged by Cav's play lately. Last year he was purely a set shooter. He's actually taking people off the dribble and finishing at the rim this year, which should open up easier shots for him. Could develop into a really solid player over the next couple years.

Cav really does look good.

I wonder how long we can keep Coron out of the starting lineup. Obviously our best 5 right now is Codie/Coron/McKie/Cav/Devin.

Cav really does look good.

I wonder how long we can keep Coron out of the starting lineup. Obviously our best 5 right now is Codie/Coron/McKie/Cav/Devin.

My guess is that he stays out of the starting lineup all year. Buzz said last night that Coron is very mature (I think he is 23 years old), and he is very good at staying mentally engaged while on the bench at the start of the game. Buzz said he likes for him to provide a spark off the bench.

I was at the game last night with the hundreds of other fans. Coron or Corona was our best player. We had enthusiasm for the most part. I just don't see a lot of ACC talent on this team. I have said this before. I don't know how we are expected to compete at the upper echelon of the conference without top talent(unless we had a great coach). I have been watching WFU BBall for over 30 years. Am I wrong? Do we have more talent than I see?

While this may sound good, it doesn't make any sense since you have no idea what coaches have told Devin about his emotional outburst in the Bahamas and Randolph Childress is sitting on the bench. If he "would have yelled at him" in his playing days why do you think he wouldn't now, either during the game or after?
There is plenty to blame [Redacted] for but not being able to control the on court emotions of a 19 year old isn't necessarily something he can control.
Plus, Devin had at least 2 teammates in his face trying to calm him down when he picked up the 2nd T in the Paradise Jam.

You're right I don't know.

I am making an inference based on what I have seen over the past year and a half with this current team and over 3 1/2 years with [Redacted] as coach. A staple of this team is an inconsistent temperament on the court. It's not always a bad thing (see: Miami game) but more often than not it has led to games where the guys get down on themselves (see every blowout of the bzz era) or they come out flat (because playing games in front of 2,000 people against the 300th best team in the nation isnt' that exciting). If this team had strong leadership they would be moving past this point in their development

Not really blaming it on Buzz. He has just proven over the past 3 1/2 years (really over his whole career) that he can't provide that type of leadership.

Back