• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas

One of the most athletic centers I have ever seen at Wake and one of the most mentally weak centers I have ever seen at Wake!
SMDH at all that talent-------GET YOUR MIND RIGHT SON!!!!!

Where is this transfer scuttlebutt coming from? It has sounded in interviews like he has a decent relationship with DM.

One of the most athletic centers I have ever seen at Wake and one of the most mentally weak centers I have ever seen at Wake!

I don't think he's as bad as Chas was but he's close.

Whaa? Devin is not exactly the most athletically gifted dude in the world.

He has 12 double doubles this year and has scored over 20 three times at least . But he looks like he has checked out to me . I don't think he could play for Dave Odom. And it doesn't look like Manning is too pleased with his attitude and effort too much either .

I think the confidence level of everyone on the team except for CMM is pretty much shot. I think the game plan against us is to focus on CMM and DT, and make someone else beat them. If Dinos or someone gets hot, we have a chance. But if we are having another poor shooting night, things don't go well. And we really aren't strong enough and athletic enough to be a very good defensive team. We just don't have the pieces this year. We got a little fools gold with some nice play here and there, mostly due to getting hot from outside or DT getting to go one on one with a defender, but we look like a tired team with no confidence now. Disappointing, but not surprising with this group.

He has a lot of talent but struggles controlling his emotions. I have been pleased at times when Manning has been willing to bench him for long stretches hoping the message would get through to him. At this point it doesn't seemed to have worked out that way.

He's not a very smart team player. And he hasn't put the work in to develop his right hand.

Devin's Offensive Rating is now 92.5, 2nd lowest among scholarship players on the team that get minutes (i.e. excluding Rondale).

Yeah, Devin doesn't have the offensive game to carry a 27% usage rate even when he isn't a baby. But that's part of the problem with playing on a team with no shot creation.

If he ever leaned how to pass out of the double/triple team, a lower scoring output would not be bad. The problem is that he's the Darius Leonard of the post position, most times when he gets the ball he's going to try and score no matter the quality of the shot.

If he ever leaned how to pass out of the double/triple team, a lower scoring output would not be bad. The problem is that he's the Darius Leonard of the post position, most times when he gets the ball he's going to try and score no matter the quality of the shot.
Kicking it out to CMM and Jones doesn't usually result in a beautifully executed long range bomb raining through the nylon.

DT has definitely shown he can pass out of double teams and is general an above average passing big man. When he forces anything though it's not going to finish well.

Will not hurt my feelings when he leaves and the sooner the better.

Back