• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin Thomas

DT has definitely shown he can pass out of double teams and is general an above average passing big man. When he forces anything though it's not going to finish well.

When?? Where?? I must have missed that one good pass he made.

Devin's tied for 3rd on the team in assists.

He's not a bad passer, just seems like he gets frustrated with constant double teams. Plus we don't have a single legitimate big to help him. He's getting doubled from the opposite block most of the time when he catches it down low. A real 4 would dive to the vacated block to force help and free up a guard - if nobody helps you get an open layup. But we routinely just float the opposite side player to the 3 point line, either elbow or baseline extended. The cross court pass to the elbow is exactly what the defense wants because it's easy to pick off. Occasionally Devin can spin baseline and find someone in the corner, but most teams can disrupt that pass as well or we end up forcing a bad shot.

His other choice is just to go at the double and try to draw a foul and force the issue - which hasn't been working nearly as well for him in the 2nd half of the season. Ref's are swallowing their whistles, probably due to his (well deserved) reputation for chippy play.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Crawford starting at point and Collins starting at the 4 by ACC play next year along with Codi and Devin. We'd just have to start someone at the SF spot who can really shoot it.

He's a skilled passer that also makes terrible decisions.

Its too bad that Devin has had play out of position at center instead of Pf for his entire career and prob next year too. I'd be frustrated too

The difference between an undersized center and a PF out of position is a passable jump shot.

Devin is an undersized center.

with ridiculous shooting form. it's no wonder he hasn't developed a 15 footer.

Back