• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Devin's jaw?

I'm guess Buck Williams would have gotten more than 3.5 rebounds in losses for this team.

But seriously, don't compare Devin Thomas to a guy who averaged a double-double over his 17 year NBA career.

Tough to teach a jump hook to a big man. Especially a lefty. UGH.

I don't think he's soft. Teams have just figured him out. He's very, very limited offensively. As long as the defender stays between Devin and the basket, Devin can't really do much of anything. He has no vertical / jump hook in his arsenal.

I like our 1 and only offensive play where Cavanaugh throws a quick pocket bounce pass to Devin for the layup. Wonder if our opponents will figure that out?

I don't think he's soft. Teams have just figured him out. He's very, very limited offensively. As long as the defender stays between Devin and the basket, Devin can't really do much of anything. He has no vertical / jump hook in his arsenal.

He should spend more time working on a jump hook and less time talking shit. Accomplish A, and then B might be justified. It's ironic that his jaw is where he's injured.

Of all the problems I have with this team and with this program, Devin Thomas is not one of them.

Of all the problems I have with this team and with this program, Devin Thomas is not one of them.

Seriously. Let's shit some more on our best two players CMM and Devin. Some of you guys must be miserable all the time.

Watson always reminded me of Manny Fresh.

b5d.jpg

mannie_fresh_topbanner.jpg

Damo needs to post more w/ that avatar.

Seriously. Let's shit some more on our best two players CMM and Devin. Some of you guys must be miserable all the time.

Or building up a 3-star freshman as the savior of the program on the basis of his dominant performances against Colgate, etc. might not have been the best idea...

The only guys who are exceeding what I'd expect from freshmen of their caliber are Codi and Tyler, and both of those guys are in a bit of a slump right now. Everybody else is doing more or less what you'd expect from players of their caliber (Devin, Moto, Coron, and Travis have stayed more or less the same) with a few exceptions (Madison and Tree have gotten noticeably worse, and Andre is noticeably better).

The worst thing about idiot shills is that they build up expectations to the point where it's actually impossible for our guys to meet them. You can't expect this team to outperform the fact that they're a group of average HS prospects playing like you would expect or project a group of average prospects to play.

I agree with you, numbers, let's not shit on our guys. On the other side of the coin, though, let's not build up unreasonable expectations because, IMO, the effects are the same.

Back